NYC Jewish community on high alert from protests threatened with trio of bomb threats at synagogues

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The New York City Police said three synagogues were targeted with bomb threats within a two-hour period on Saturday.

According to police, the threats occurred between 3:15 p.m. and 5:13 p.m. on Saturday.

At about 3:15 p.m., the Congregation Rodeph Sholom at 7 West 83rd Street received an email threatening the presence of explosives from an unknown sender. Police said the building was evacuated, and no explosives were discovered inside the place of worship.

The next threat came at about 4:30 p.m., when the Congregation Beit Simchat Torah on West 30th Street received an email from an unknown sender, as well, which also included threats of explosives. Police said nobody was inside the building at the time.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-jewish-c ... synagogues
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Threatening to burn a house of worship is Klan behavior and it burns my throat.

I pray for their safety. 🙏
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I dread to think what has to happen for people to stop thinking this is about “Israel’s actions” and “Netanyahu”. And people who hide behind that mask are complicit in any loss of Jewish life. Not that they care about Jewish lives. I mean, we’ve seen how they reacted to Jewish women being raped…
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

NYC synagogue bomb threats found to be fake, officials say. Investigators now searching for who sent them

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/ny ... b-threats/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:16 pm Threatening to burn a house of worship is Klan behavior and it burns my throat.

It brought back memories of Catholic school and local news reports.
306/232

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:16 pm Threatening to burn a house of worship is Klan behavior and it burns my throat.

What happened?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 pm
Della wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:38 pm

What happened?
We had to evacuate or close the school and church buildings several times a year. Seeing my school on the news and hearing what it was about (cause they wouldn't tell us at school). It's an awful feeling.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Praying for them.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

One of my fears of equating pro Palestine with antisemitism is that people take Israel’s actions as a whole out of the Jewish people. Of course violence, especially toward random civilians, should never be used in protest, but beyond that the Jewish people are not responsible for Israel’s military actions just like Muslims aren’t responsible for Hamas’s horrible actions. The call for peace for all people is lost when violence is used to persecute a group of innocent people who have the right to practice their faith. A message can not be spread through fear.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thing is, this has never been “pro Palestine”. And antisemitism isn’t the result of Israel’s actions. Israel hatred is a result of antisemitism.
These people didn’t suddenly start hating Jews because Israel got attacked by Hamas and retaliated. These people attack and demonize Israel because they hate Jews. It’s just that it’s now cool and trendy to do so. And you just have to say you’re “criticizing Israel actions” or you just “don’t like Netanyahu” and you can go chanting for the destruction of Israel and the genocide of Jews feeling you’re being moral and noble.
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:16 pm One of my fears of equating pro Palestine with antisemitism is that people take Israel’s actions as a whole out of the Jewish people. Of course violence, especially toward random civilians, should never be used in protest, but beyond that the Jewish people are not responsible for Israel’s military actions just like Muslims aren’t responsible for Hamas’s horrible actions. The call for peace for all people is lost when violence is used to persecute a group of innocent people who have the right to practice their faith. A message can not be spread through fear.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic