Russell Brand announces he is getting baptized as a Christian, describing it as an 'opportunity to leave the past behind

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rus ... 58493.html

An opportunity to leave the past behind and be reborn in Christ's name, like it says in Galatians," he continued. "That you can live as an enlightened and awakened person."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I kinda feel sorry for the guy. He’s had a crazy life and seems desperate from some meaning, some spirituality and I’m just jumping all over to find something to give his life some depth and purpose.
I hope he finds it now.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh gee Russell. You don't need to share EVERY aspect of your life especially as few care. You're a wanker and predator. Good luck "washing" that away. Toodles.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Brand used to be a Buddhist; speaking to The Guardian in 2017 he said he believes in a higher power as described by Alcoholics Anonymous.[23] Brand has shown interest in the Hare Krishna Movement and wrote in a 2007 Guardian column: "I say Hare Krishna as often as possible, sometimes even when I'm not being filmed".[235] Additionally, during an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in October 2010, Brand talked about his love of Transcendental Meditation (TM).[236] This love of TM was reaffirmed in a 2013 New Statesman editorial he wrote: "Through Transcendental Meditation, twice daily I feel the bliss of the divine..... I connect to a boundless consciousness that has no palpable relationship with my thoughts, fears or desires."[237] He has also gravitated towards Christian spirituality and practice by daily reciting the Lord's Prayer and attempting to have Christ consciousness.[238] He wears a crucifix,[239] engages in sacrifices during Lent,[240] and stated, “I pray the Rosary every single day.”[241]
(WIKIPEDIA)
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Even before his scandal, Brand always gave me the ick. I was reminded he was in the Despicable Me movies while watching with DS1. Bleh
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic