Are Democrats helping themselves out? Or are they basically handing the presidency back to Trump?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CNN Poll: Only 13% of American adults say Trump is being treated the same as other criminal defendants
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-poll-onl ... 23406.html

Trump’s support in the poll among registered voters holds steady at 49% in a head-to-head matchup against Biden, the same as in CNN’s last national poll on the race in January, while Biden’s stands at 43%, not significantly different from January’s 45%.

Looking back, 55% of all Americans now say they see Trump’s presidency as a success, while 44% see it as a failure. In a January 2021 poll taken just before Trump left office and days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, 55% considered his time as president a failure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Assessing Biden’s time in office so far, 61% say his presidency thus far has been a failure, while 39% say it’s been a success. That’s narrowly worse than the 57% who called the first year of his administration a failure in January 2022, with 41% calling it a success.

Republicans now are more unified around the idea that Trump’s presidency was a success than Democrats are that Biden’s has been one. Overall, 92% of Republicans call Trump’s time in office a success, while just 73% of Democrats say Biden’s has been a success so far. Among independents, 51% say Trump’s presidency was successful, while only 37% see Biden’s as a success.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-poll-tru ... 05451.html
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

19% of Republican primary voters in Pennsylvania chose Nikki Haley over Trump (33% in the suburbs). I don't think Trump is as popular as he likes to say he is, lol.

The MAGA contingent is strong no doubt about it but after the bi-partisan vote for funding Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, it's pretty clear that they aren't as strong as they think they are.

I have trust that despite the polling, people are going to vote for the candidate that will preserve democracy, a women's right to choose, and civil rights and that's Biden. I have to have that trust or I won't sleep at night!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am 19% of Republican primary voters in Pennsylvania chose Nikki Haley over Trump (33% in the suburbs). I don't think Trump is as popular as he likes to say he is, lol.

The MAGA contingent is strong no doubt about it but after the bi-partisan vote for funding Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, it's pretty clear that they aren't as strong as they think they are.

I have trust that despite the polling, people are going to vote for the candidate that will preserve democracy, a women's right to choose, and civil rights and that's Biden. I have to have that trust or I won't sleep at night!
These are CNN polls…

So not trump thinking he’s popular.

That’s a misguided trust, because it’s definitely looking like at some point, this year, we’re going to have to accept that Trump is president again.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am 19% of Republican primary voters in Pennsylvania chose Nikki Haley over Trump (33% in the suburbs). I don't think Trump is as popular as he likes to say he is, lol.

These are CNN polls…

That’s a misguided trust, because it’s definitely looking like at some point, this year, we’re going to have to accept that Trump is president again.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:03 am

These are CNN polls…

You do you, lol
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:58 am

These are CNN polls…

You do you, lol
Lol Ok… I’ll be happy living in reality.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:25 am CNN Poll: Only 13% of American adults say Trump is being treated the same as other criminal defendants
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-poll-onl ... 23406.html

Important to also include that while only 13% see the treatment as "the same", only 34% believe Trump’s complaints of unfair treatment. The remaining 34% believe he is being treated more leniently than others charged with crimes. So a larger group of people see his treatment as equal to or better than others.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:02 pm

These are CNN polls…

You do you, lol
I don’t take much stock in approval ratings as approval or disapproval doesn’t necessarily mean a vote for the other candidate. I might be dissatisfied with my nurse Jane but that doesn’t mean I want or would vote for nurse Ratched.

General polling doesn’t matter because solidly red states are going red and solidly blue states are going blue. The only votes that matter (thank you electoral college) are those in swing states.

In Republican primaries in swing states, Nikki Haley has been winning a not so insignificant share of the vote (thank you women). I don’t think Haley voters will vote Trump. I think they will vote Biden or write-in or third party which will give Biden an electoral win in those states. Of course, Biden has a serious issue with progressive voters especially in Michigan and Wisconsin and he may lose some of those votes to write-in or third party - I have hope that when it comes to the election, they will cast their vote for Biden as some progressive leaders, even pro-Palestinian leaders, have stated. Regardless, the share of Nikki voters is higher than the share of progressive protest voters so I think Biden will win in those swing states.

That’s my hope and my reality. I’m a starry eyed hippy 😉
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

You do you, lol
I don’t take much stock in approval ratings as approval or disapproval doesn’t necessarily mean a vote for the other candidate. I might be dissatisfied with my nurse Jane but that doesn’t mean I want or would vote for nurse Ratched.

General polling doesn’t matter because solidly red states are going red and solidly blue states are going blue. The only votes that matter (thank you electoral college) are those in swing states.

In Republican primaries in swing states, Nikki Haley has been winning a not so insignificant share of the vote (thank you women). I don’t think Haley voters will vote Trump. I think they will vote Biden or write-in or third party which will give Biden an electoral win in those states. Of course, Biden has a serious issue with progressive voters especially in Michigan and Wisconsin and he may lose some of those votes to write-in or third party - I have hope that when it comes to the election, they will cast their vote for Biden as some progressive leaders, even pro-Palestinian leaders, have stated. Regardless, the share of Nikki voters is higher than the share of progressive protest voters so I think Biden will win in those swing states.

Nikki Haley dropped out of the race.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Nikki Haley dropped out of the race.
Yes. Over a month ago. But 2 days ago she won 16.8% of the republican vote in the closed Pennsylvania primary (33% of the suburban vote). How do you think those voters will vote in the general election?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic