protesters on campus calling for Jews to be killed, just off-campus Jews being yelled at to ‘go back to Poland

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:15 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 am

It can be achieved without genocide, but they can’t live next to each other anymore.

Neither side will be able to live next to the other anymore because of what has happened.

I don’t expect human beings to be able to cope with their families and loved ones being killed, tortured, and raped in such a horrific way and then choose peace…
So you see the only solution is Israel as one ethno-religious state encompassing from the river to the sea?

You are talking about 2.4 million people in Gaza alone, if we include West Bank, another 4.7 million, and if we include Palestinians living in Israel, another 1.9 million. Where should they go? How should they get to their destination? Bus, train, trail of tears?
She wants what Zionism has demanded since it started clambering for a homeland. ERETZ ISRAEL. That's the same thing Mom2 wants. It's been the plan all along to take it all.
I think we’ve already proved a few times that you’re not very good at assuming what *I* want.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am

So you see the only solution is Israel as one ethno-religious state encompassing from the river to the sea?

You are talking about 2.4 million people in Gaza alone, if we include West Bank, another 4.7 million, and if we include Palestinians living in Israel, another 1.9 million. Where should they go? How should they get to their destination? Bus, train, trail of tears?
She wants what Zionism has demanded since it started clambering for a homeland. ERETZ ISRAEL. That's the same thing Mom2 wants. It's been the plan all along to take it all.
I think we’ve already proved a few times that you’re not very good at assuming what *I* want.
You want the Palestinians to give up and leave, yes or no.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 am

It can be achieved without genocide, but they can’t live next to each other anymore.

Neither side will be able to live next to the other anymore because of what has happened.

I don’t expect human beings to be able to cope with their families and loved ones being killed, tortured, and raped in such a horrific way and then choose peace…

I don’t think Israelis are willing to live next to Palestinians, and I don’t think Palestinians are willing to live next to Israelis.

After everything that has happened, do you see a pathway to peace?
I think they are going to have to decide on whether a two-state or one-state solution and are going to have to decide on peace like other countries have had to do. I don't think Israel's allies would support ethnically cleansing Gaza nor should they. I don't think countries that support Palestine would support ethnically cleansing Gaza nor should they. Israel and Palestine are going to have to figure something out that doesn't include removal of Palestinians from their land. They just are.

Do you really see ethnic cleansing as a viable option? If you do, why not just support the nuclear annihilation of Gaza, removing the children first of course?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 am

I don’t think this has anything to do with what I want…if they weren’t fighting I wouldn’t have any opinion at all…

Because of what has happened, I don’t see a possibility of the two living next to each other in peace. And both sides say they refuse to live next to each other in peace.

So what’s next?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am

I don’t think this has anything to do with what I want…of they weren’t fighting I wouldn’t have any opinion at all…

Because of what has happened, I don’t see a possibility of the two living next to each other in peace. And both sides say they refuse to live next to each other in peace.

So what’s next?
Your words make it quite clear where you stand.

Let's go with a ONE STATE solution.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 am

I don’t think Israelis are willing to live next to Palestinians, and I don’t think Palestinians are willing to live next to Israelis.

I think they are going to have to decide on whether a two-state or one-state solution and are going to have to decide on peace like other countries have had to do. I don't think Israel's allies would support ethnically cleansing Gaza nor should they. I don't think countries that support Palestine would support ethnically cleansing Gaza nor should they. Israel and Palestine are going to have to figure something out that doesn't include removal of Palestinians from their land. They just are.

Do you really see ethnic cleansing as a viable option? If you do, why not just support the nuclear annihilation of Gaza, removing the children first of course?
“I think they are going to have to decide on whether a two-state or one-state solution and are going to have to decide on peace like other countries have had to do.”

Both have now said they’re not going to achieve peace.
There’s too much history, too much hate, and too much pain.

I don’t think sprinkling rainbows and glitter is going to work here. Even if American hippies think that’s possible… they’ve never had their daughter’s raped bodies paraded through the streets to thunderous applause… they’ve never taken their babies out of the oven that the child was tortured to death in.

I think expecting peace is unrealistic.

So what now?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

I don’t think this has anything to do with what I want…of they weren’t fighting I wouldn’t have any opinion at all…

So what’s next?

Do you think it matters if I want a one state or two state solution?

Or do you think it matters what both places are willing to do?

Neither side is willing to allow peace. That has nothing to do with my wants…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

“I think they are going to have to decide on whether a two-state or one-state solution and are going to have to decide on peace like other countries have had to do.”

I don’t think sprinkling rainbows and glitter is going to work here. Even if American hippies think that’s possible… they’ve never had their daughter’s raped bodies paraded through the streets to thunderous applause… they’ve never taken their babies out of the oven that the child was tortured to death in.

So what now?
I think if colonialism taught us anything it’s that creation of an ethno-state at the expense of the indigenous population is not a good recipe for success. Israel is no different.

In the not so distant past, Bantu and Afrikaaners, Bosnians and Serbs, Tutsi and Hutu, Indigenous and Colonialists were seen as incompatible and horrific attacks and abuses were perpetrated by both sides.

Israel is going to do what Israel wants to do. If Israel decides that genocide or ethnic cleansing is the answer to their Palestinian problem, the US should have no part of it.

I sometimes wonder if Zionist’s original proposal of creating a land in Uganda or Southwestern US would have been the better option? I don’t know. Perhaps we’d be seeing the same type of conflict but different players.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am
Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

So what’s next?

Do you think it matters if I want a one state or two state solution?

Or do you think it matters what both places are willing to do?

Neither side is willing to allow peace. That has nothing to do with my wants…
Your support of sending US tax dollars for weapons is the cause of this.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

So what now?
I think if colonialism taught us anything it’s that creation of an ethno-state at the expense of the indigenous population is not a good recipe for success. Israel is no different.

In the not so distant past, Bantu and Afrikaaners, Bosnians and Serbs, Tutsi and Hutu, Indigenous and Colonialists were seen as incompatible and horrific attacks and abuses were perpetrated by both sides.

Israel is going to do what Israel wants to do. If Israel decides that genocide or ethnic cleansing is the answer to their Palestinian problem, the US should have no part of it.

I sometimes wonder if Zionist’s original proposal of creating a land in Uganda or Southwestern US would have been the better option? I don’t know. Perhaps we’d be seeing the same type of conflict but different players.
Do you think it matters what hamas wants to do?

Israel just proposed another ceasefire in exchange for hostages…

Do you think hamas should take it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic