Is this bragging?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hubby and I were booking a trip. We found a flight where first class was under $600 round trip and non stop. Economy was like $475. We will need to check a bag each. I figure by the time we do that we might as well fly first. I mentioned it to a friend and her sister was there. She made a comment that I was bragging about flying first and how it isn’t that big a deal. If anything, I feel I may have bragged about the good deal we got. I also mentioned that we didn’t have to worry about a car or hotel because the first part of the trip we are visiting with friends, then they leave on vacation and we will house sit. Really our flight will be the only big cost. We will of course sight see and hang out with friends. We have some dinner plans but also plan to cook. I felt it was worth it to splurge a little on the airline tickets
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Don't let other's jealousy and insecurities make you feel like you did something wrong or second guess yourself. Who cares what she thinks?

Enjoy your trip!
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes it is bragging- about the GREAT deal you got! :) While it may not be a big deal to your friend’s sister, it is to you. Some people just can’t be happy for other people. Misery loves company.

Enjoy your trip, relax in first class and bask in the perks !
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My mother always taught us when people around you make negative comments it has more to do with themselves than with you. It is some hangup or insecurity they have, or a need to feel better about their own choices. So just observe their revelation about themselves and file that info away. No need to explain or even respond most of the time.

My go to answer for these types of remarks is "oh, is that how you see it?"
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s hard to tell without being there and hearing tone. I’m sure you were intending it to be, she might have just misread your tone. Or maybe she was joking and you misread her tone. Or maybe she’s just going through something else and it hit her wrong so she read something that wasn’t there. Since she’s a friends sister and not someone you see regularly so I’d just move on.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If it is or isn't I avoid people who can't just be happy for others because they're too busy being jealous.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It is bragging. But worth bragging about. Rather than complain, if she's smart she'd ask the airline and such for future reference.

I'll ask! :) Airline?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:22 pm It is bragging. But worth bragging about. Rather than complain, if she's smart she'd ask the airline and such for future reference.

I'll ask! :) Airline?
Delta. We travel a lot and I am not loyal to any particular airline. I compare flights between Delta, United, and American. If I can get a nonstop on Southwest and it’s a short flight, I’ll check them out. Right now, I am fare watching Boston.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t think it’s bragging per se, it depends on tone and wording, but then I get excited when I get really good deals too😂
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

A little bragging is good for the soul!!

Have fun on your upcoming trip!
just an old coot 😉🌵
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic