Question Regarding Solar Eclipse?

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oor county public schools just announced that they will be closing early on Monday because of the solar eclipse. I think it's a good idea but there are many on our local social media boards who are angry. What are your schools doing and are you happy or sad about it?!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They are all closed. We are at the full eclipse mark and it will happen during the walking home time so it's a very good idea to move the PD day to this day. Plus it's going to be a zoo here with everyone coming in.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My kids are homeschooled so we will be going on a field trip to the path of totality. We're camping the night before and the night of to try to avoid the worst of the traffic.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They are closed, which extends spring break by a day. I'm on vacation till the 9th so glad to have that time with them.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DD is a junior in high school and the head of the science department announced that any student who is interested will view it from the football field and the school will supply the special glasses. We have to sign a permission slip first. 🙄

DD wants to stay in her Algebra class instead.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Our boys go to Catholic school. The diocese was the first to close for the day. It mattered not to us, as hubby took a vacation day and I took a personal day as we are driving 2 hours to observe totality.

Our home district is closed for the day, but there are others that are dismissing early. Like your observations there are those who are complaining “But I have to work”. They miss the point that this is for safety. Our elementary would be dismissing as the eclipse ends—and I personally wouldn’t want my little one walking home during twilight, or when there is an uptick in accidents just because it’s different.

So for me, I’m pleased but there will always be those who are angry….
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We’ll be on spring break
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Same here. And I had no idea there was a solar eclipse- lol!

Gorilla_Mama wrote: ↑Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:25 am We’ll be on spring break
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I understand why some parents are annoyed since they have to work. It's a scramble for childcare. However, safety is priority. No need to have young children walking home surrounded by an influx of strangers. It's not safe.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They’ll be closing early. It doesn’t matter to me. I WFH anyway. I’ll probably have to keep him home anyway because of the way my schedule falls.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic