Dd pissed me off today

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know why you need her to go with you. I would say two words which would be "see ya" then walk out the door and go to the gym. It's not like she is too young yo leave alone. Just let her be.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm You can’t make anyone do anything they don’t want to do. Period. At 16, your daughter should be self aware enough to know what she does and doesn’t want to do (within reason). If she doesn’t want to go to the gym and you do, then go. You don’t need to tell her you’re going, you don’t need her permission to go—just go. Period.

If she makes remarks ignore her. Once she realizes it won’t get under your skin she will stop.
The son is 16 the daughter is an adult in college.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Got that backwards. Either way—16, or college age they are old enough to decide if they want to go to the gym or not. Sigh.

quote="Anonymous 1" post_id=970295 time=1711428711]
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm You can’t make anyone do anything they don’t want to do. Period. At 16, your daughter should be self aware enough to know what she does and doesn’t want to do (within reason). If she doesn’t want to go to the gym and you do, then go. You don’t need to tell her you’re going, you don’t need her permission to go—just go. Period.

If she makes remarks ignore her. Once she realizes it won’t get under your skin she will stop.
The son is 16 the daughter is an adult in college.
[/quote]
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ok, it’s horrible advice to just leave her alone about it…

If her daughter is 16, she is still the mother and if the daughter has health problem it is HER JOB to continue pushing towards a healthier lifestyle which includes working out.

If she’s this against going to the gym, get her into some classes or in a walking group, something she can think of as fun. but DO NOT give up on your daughters health just because she is 16.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 am Ok, it’s horrible advice to just leave her alone about it…

If her daughter is 16, she is still the mother and if the daughter has health problem it is HER JOB to continue pushing towards a healthier lifestyle which includes working out.

If she’s this against going to the gym, get her into some classes or in a walking group, something she can think of as fun. but DO NOT give up on your daughters health just because she is 16.
The daughter isn’t 16, she’s an adult in college. I don’t think anyone said just give up, they said you can’t make her go. Having civil conversations about health and helping her find an activity to enjoy is one thing, just screaming and cursing at her isn’t going to help.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I thought you couldn't go on the cruise because of you F***ing up?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:06 pm I thought you couldn't go on the cruise because of you F***ing up?
She updated that post. Keep up 😁
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

[quote="Anonymous 2" post_id=970421 time=1711499429]
[quote=Catdaughter20 post_id=970329 time=1711469213 user_id=1510]
I thought you couldn't go on the cruise because of you F***ing up?
[/quote]

[/quote]

She did, I'm not in here everyday,.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It's always disappointing when our kids no longer relish time with us but it's natural and a good thing! Give your daughter her space and continue on with your fitness journey without her but also give her room to rejoin you if she desires.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:07 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:30 pm
Catdaughter20 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:06 pm I thought you couldn't go on the cruise because of you F***ing up?
She did, I'm not in here everyday,.
As slow as it is, you don't need to be here even close to all the time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic