I guess I am a bully

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There was definitely a better way to handle this. The boy was interested in wrestling, just not experienced. That doesn't mean he should have to walk away just because he doesn't have the experience. I mean, I've never ridden a mechanical bull, but I might want to try it out if given the chance. But since I've never done it before it's not unreasonable for me to ask that it be kept on the lowest setting while I'm getting the feel for it. No one would expect a beginner to start out at maximum.

So your kid and the other experienced kid could have toned it down to a beginner level just while their other cousin wanted to join in. Chances are the other cousin would only have wanted to do it for a few minutes and then would've gotten bored and would've moved on to something else. Then your kid and the experienced one could've gone back to wrestling at their own level, and been proud to make their cousin happy for a few minutes at the same time.

Instead your kid and the other experienced kid were selfish and made their cousin feel like shit instead. And that's not what families are supposed to do. After all, what's more important? The right to do what one wants to do? Or the ability to do something momentarily to make another person happy? What's the real lesson that you are teaching your kids?
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:38 pm We were at my parents. My youngest son loves sports.. Football, baseball, soccer, basketball, wrestling. His brother, uncles, grandpa all wrestled. He grew up at wrestling meets. He has been wrestling since kindergarten and they had him up against 3rd graders. He pinned them in seconds. He is 60 pounds and tossed a 90 pounder. My sister has a son that is very similar. They are 6 months apart and will wrestling until one can't. Take a break and go back to it. It pretty funny to watch.

Well my niece has a boy close in age. He is not athletic. He is not into physical stuff. Well he tried to wrestle with the boys. He got pinned and started crying. He asked me to ask them to play softer. I told him no. They are wrestling and that is how wrestling is. He could go play with the other kids if he didn't like how they were playing.

There were 7 other kids to play with. (Really big extended family) Well he went and got his mom and grandma to make me make the boys wrestling nicer. I laughed at them. I tried really hard not too. I said that if he can't take how they wrestle then, he should go play with the girls. I was then asked to make them stop wrestling since he couldn't do it. I said no. My neice then using her big girl words told me that I was being a bully and teaching my kid to be a bully. She was raising her child to be nice and inclusive. He used his words to ask and she couldn't believe that I would not help him.

We are 10 years apart in age. She was raised at my parents house. She has very different ideas on parents and life than I do.

So am I a bully for not making them stop wrestling because one kid is too soft to handle it? I don't believe in making people stop doing hard things simply because you can't do them.
I was with you until you told him to go play with the other girls. Some kids play harder than others, and I'm okay with that. But stooping to that level does make you a bully.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yup. You're an ass. You could have asked the other boys to teach the boy some basics and tips instead of just laughing and telling him to go play with the girls. You're a dickhead mom raising dickhead kids
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:11 pm Yup. You're an ass. You could have asked the other boys to teach the boy some basics and tips instead of just laughing and telling him to go play with the girls. You're a dickhead mom raising dickhead kids
Agree
Anonymous 4

Unread post

How does it affect you or your kids to be a little softer with him?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic