Prayer, Bible lessons and a big red bus: How an Ohio group is bringing God to public schools

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:58 am
Della wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:18 pm an Ohio-based nonprofit on a mission to put God back in the public school day.
Why do I get the feeling that the Church of Satan are going to have a field day with this one?

Maybe a big white bus with cartoon smiling Satans playing chess on it, and the logo "Putting Satan back into the public schools" ?
What would the point of that be?

Wouldn’t an “atheist bus” be a much better idea if freedom of thought is the goal rather than trying to antagonize Christians?
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 am
Aletheia wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:58 am
Della wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:18 pm an Ohio-based nonprofit on a mission to put God back in the public school day.
Why do I get the feeling that the Church of Satan are going to have a field day with this one?

Maybe a big white bus with cartoon smiling Satans playing chess on it, and the logo "Putting Satan back into the public schools" ?
What would the point of that be?

Wouldn’t an “atheist bus” be a much better idea if freedom of thought is the goal rather than trying to antagonize Christians?
Some religions are large. "large" itself isn't a religion.
Some religions are atheist. "atheist" itself isn't a religion.

One example of a religion that is an atheist religion is the Temple of Satan.

Because of the wording of the relevant documents, only organisations that are religions get to claim "if you allow that religion over there to do X, then you must also allow us to do the same."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was going to ask that, if it’s obligatory or voluntary. If it’s voluntary, I don’t see a problem with it.
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:53 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:51 pm The Founding Fathers of our nation absolutely did NOT want religion in government. No group should be allowed to push their religion onto the rest of us, especially not on young children. It's outrageous that this town allows this nonsense.
This has nothing to do with religion *in* government
It is religion *allowed* by the government as an extra curricular that is the student’s choice to join or not.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When I was in elementary school, there was a lady with a bus that went around to the schools in town and did Religious Ed for each class. It was about 20 minutes right outside the school, just a simplistic telling of a Bible story and then an art/craft project. I don't recall any complaints about it, although there could have been some. The coolest thing was that my own kids got to experience the weekly religious ed with the same lady, she was almost an icon of our city school district. She must have done the bus thing for over 40 years. I'm not sure what the city does now, I haven't seen the bus around for quite some time.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic