Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:04 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 pm

Why would you think someone would do that? Trans people have just as much human decency as the rest of us. And that behavior also violates PF policies, just so you know. So nobody just has to deal with it.
Because that is what’s NORMAL in locker rooms.
Naked people walking around.
There’s nothing “indecent” about being in a locker room naked.

So no… walking around naked is not against any policies. It’s no one’s fault that a woman in a man’s body who also has a penis has their dick at face height of those who are sitting down… that’s just down to a person’s height…

So yeah, if a 12 year old is sitting on a bench and a penis is at face height to her, we tell her to deal with it because we’re inclusive now.
Where do you go that people are just walking around naked? I have been to many gyms and I'll say that the vast and I'll even go as far to say everyone. Walks to the shower in either a towel or a robe. Then they come back out with the towel or a robe wrapped around them. Some will change right at the lockers, some take their stuff to the private change areas. I change in the private areas as that is where I am comfortable. I have never in my life seen anyone just walking around naked, and I've been going to the gym since I was 16.

I asked my DH what happens in a mens hockey dressing rooms. He told me the showers are a open area, and they shower together, but then they grab a towel as they exit and wrap it around them to head to their locker area, where they will change in the open. He said you sometimes get that one or two guys who walk around "free range" but they are few and far between and usually are only when you are with the same team for a while.
I've never seen anyone walking naked in a locker room in the US. Europe, sure, lol. That's not to say I haven't seen partial nudity when someone is changing or putting on a towel. But I have always told my kid's to respect other's privacy and don't stare.

My son cleans our local gym locker room in exchange for membership and training sessions. He was kind of stunned when he walked in a few weeks ago and there was a man sitting on the bench naked. Scared the man to death as he was there after hours and didn't think anyone would be around!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nothing wrong with complaining/bringing it to the attention of staff when you see or experience something you’re uncomfortable about. However, taking pictures and posting them on SM? No. PF did the right thing in terminating the woman’s membership for violating the trans woman’s privacy.

In regard to women in the women’s locker room walking around naked, that happens all the time. And I speak from experience. It’s no big deal. Now a trans woman who still has a penis and needs to shave her 5 o clock shadow walking around in the women’s locker room naked? Or just shaving while other women are naked? No. I would not feel comfortable. And let’s not mince words and focus on minutiae of how would one know if the woman has a penis or whatever. You have a penis and testicles, and need to shave? You’re a man. You may identify as a woman, but you’re still a man.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm With the policies being be as modest as possible and also expect very temporary nudity, a 12 year old actually seeing a dick is odds-defying lol.
What I want to know is, what are the terrible consequences of seeing a dick that are so psychologically damaging (for girls, not boys) that it must be prevented at all costs, even at the cost of discriminating against trans people?
Girls feel uncomfortable around random men’s penises,

In a way that they’re not uncomfortable if a 70 year old naked woman is in the locker room.

Why? Because of the way we evolved as humans really… the instinctual reasoning probably goes back THAT far…

Either that’s just something you accept as the way some people feel, or you don’t think their feelings are valid and attempt to deny them the social ability to challenge what is being normalized.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:43 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm With the policies being be as modest as possible and also expect very temporary nudity, a 12 year old actually seeing a dick is odds-defying lol.
What I want to know is, what are the terrible consequences of seeing a dick that are so psychologically damaging (for girls, not boys) that it must be prevented at all costs, even at the cost of discriminating against trans people?
I always feel these arguments are gross anyway. They come across as "trans women are perverts and now have access to your girls". If they believe the first part, then those people previously had access to your boys, and would again, if the policies these people want go into effect, but they don't seem to care as much? I'm explaining it badly (and for the record do NOT believe the pervert premise), but it always sits wrong with me. Your question is dead on, though.
So what you’re actually saying is that you don’t believe women when they say why they’re uncomfortable around a stranger’s naked male body, but not uncomfortable around a naked female body and you need it to be anti-trans instead of believing the women when the say why they’re uncomfortable…

That’s why there’s such a pushback on this too…

It feels like complete gaslighting when supporters of naked men in womens locker rooms attempt to vilify the reason behind the uncomfortable feelings…
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:01 pm

I always feel these arguments are gross anyway. They come across as "trans women are perverts and now have access to your girls". If they believe the first part, then those people previously had access to your boys, and would again, if the policies these people want go into effect, but they don't seem to care as much? I'm explaining it badly (and for the record do NOT believe the pervert premise), but it always sits wrong with me. Your question is dead on, though.
So what you’re actually saying is that you don’t believe women when they say why they’re uncomfortable around a stranger’s naked male body, but not uncomfortable around a naked female body and you need it to be anti-trans instead of believing the women when the say why they’re uncomfortable…

It feels like complete gaslighting when supporters of naked men in womens locker rooms attempt to vilify the reason behind the uncomfortable feelings…
People can be uncomfortable, I respect that, I just don't think it happens to nearly the extent you are making it sound and certainly not to the point where we need to further ostracize and discriminate against trans people. Most people, trans people included and probably specifically, will be cognizant of a little girl in a locker room and behave accordingly.

Trangenderism is part of the human condition and I think we are better off explaining to kids that men and women come in all shapes and sizes and with all sorts of equipment than shamefully trying to hide them. Kids are better than we are at accepting differences if we let them.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gotta love all the instances of blaming the victim (who was photographed in the locker room) instead of focusing on the person who ACTUALLY committed a gross invasion of privacy by photographing another individual in the locker room without consent and in violation of gym policy.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 pm

People can be uncomfortable, I respect that, I just don't think it happens to nearly the extent you are making it sound and certainly not to the point where we need to further ostracize and discriminate against trans people. Most people, trans people included and probably specifically, will be cognizant of a little girl in a locker room and behave accordingly.

Trangenderism is part of the human condition and I think we are better off explaining to kids that men and women come in all shapes and sizes and with all sorts of equipment than shamefully trying to hide them. Kids are better than we are at accepting differences if we let them.
So what’s your opinion on the female swimmers who swam against Lia Thomas and many of them said how uncomfortable they were because they were just standing there naked in front of them… but we’re told it was wrong and anti-trans to feel uncomfortable?

Should they just shut up and deal with it or quit competitively swimming?
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How did she know she was trans just because she was shaving? I mean, I’ve personally known women with facial hair due to hormonal imbalances
Like Della asked, was she shaving with parts exposed?? I guess I just wouldn’t jump to a person being transgender just for shaving. 🤷🏽‍♀️. But I also wouldn’t have an issue with a trans person in the locker room with me to begin with (honestly I probably wouldn’t even know)

But I do have a HUGE issue with someone taking a picture of someone else in a locker room without their consent. If I saw that happening, or if someone took a picture of me, we’re having words and none of them will be nice. She should have had her membership terminated.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Here's the way I look at it. And, yes, I'm aware that you and I obviously have different views on the whole thing... I'd prefer a transgender woman be in the women's locker room (and I don't think I've ever seen a transgender woman walking around with it all hanging out...any I know use a stall to change, actually. Because...body dysphoria) than in the man's locker room because the physical danger she could be in in the male locker room is a hell of a lot greater than the physical danger I'm in in a locker room with her. All it takes is one transphobe.

So, would you have a problem with a transgender male being in the locker room with your son? Or would you like him in the locker room with your daughter. I mean, he's got facial hair but he also has a vulva.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 pm Was she shaving with a tallywacker out?
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic