Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:34 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:21 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 pm

That’s what the discussion rests on…

Women are showing themselves to be uncomfortable around a stranger’s naked male body regardless of how the person identifies. Which is what happens in locker rooms, which is why the female locker room space matters to the discussion. The person in this particular story was not naked, but the locker room aspect itself is such a media catalyst because that’s where naked people are. That’s why the anger is stemmed… no one would care if it was just a sink out in the open that we are all sharing.

So Why is that? Why are they uncomfortable?

The same reason women are uncomfortable being around strange men naked…

Why is that?

Maybe you have a better answer as to why they’re feeling uncomfortable?
Find me an article then. Find me an article where a transgender female paraded around the female locker room with their penis hanging out and a cisgender female had an issue with it. Then we can discuss that article. But until there is some sort of actual proof that this is happening in locker rooms all over the nation, I think it's more a figment of your imagination more than anything else.

I've been in the female locker room at my Planet Fitness many times. The amount of nudity from anyone... honestly I don't think I saw any. Individuals stripping down to their underwear for a moment, yes, but I honestly don't recall seeing any nudity from anyone so I assume that all happened behind closed shower curtains or behind closed changing room doors or behind closed stall doors. The amount of cisgendered women getting nude in front of other cisgendered women is very small, and I would suggest the amount of transgendered women doing the same is even smaller. You are focusing on a situation that is highly unlikely to happen to begin with.
"We did not give our consent, they did not ask for our consent, but in that locker room, we turn around and there's a 6'4" biological man dropping his pants and watching us undress, and we're exposed to male genitalia," Gaines said.

Gaines called the experience "worse" than facing Thomas in competition, which she has repeatedly asserted was "unfair" to biological female athletes.

"Not even probably a year, two years ago, this would have been considered some form of sexual assault, voyeurism," she said. "But now not even are they just allowing it to happen, it’s almost as if these large organizations are encouraging it to happen."

https://katv.com/amp/news/nation-world/ ... immer-says
There is a difference between a changing facility open to the public and a team changing room as highlandmum pointed out and her accounting sure did change between her first interview to the interview with Fox.
Attachments
gainesinterview1.png
gainesinterview2.png
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:40 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:36 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:16 pm

Of course not all women feel this way…

The women who are loudly vocal about being against sharing a private space meant for changing do though… and it’s not at all anti-trans. It’s them being vocal about what they’re uncomfortable with.
The narrative can’t just always be “ they don’t matter enough to discuss”

If 46% of women are uncomfortable, they’re not outliers..
https://today.yougov.com/society/articl ... der-survey
Those are interesting statistics. Thanks for posting.

40% of women agree that a transgender woman is a woman

Glad to see I'm not an outlier!
You’re not at all an outlier…
That doesn’t mean you should be able to dismiss the feelings of others as invalid.
I don't think anyone is dismissing anyone's feelings. But a feeling is just that, a feeling. It does not necessarily mean that any action needs to be taken. Feelings of discomfort don't mean any action needs to be taken. Often times when a person feels discomfort the only action that needs to be carried out is by the person feeling it.

Ex. I have a client who wears a gun on his hip pretty much all the time. He will come into our office wearing it. I've run into him at the grocery store and he's wearing it. He's a good guy and I don't fear him, but him having the gun on his person visible to everyone makes me uncomfortable. But he's not doing anything wrong. So who gets to deal with the feelings of discomfort? Me. They are my feelings so they are mine to deal with. I have no right to push that on a guy who's doing nothing wrong.

Some women will be uncomfortable with trans women in the same locker room. That is fine. That is valid. That doesn't mean that anything needs to be done about it. They can choose their own path such as deal with it, talk to management, or go elsewhere.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:41 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:36 pm

Those are interesting statistics. Thanks for posting.

40% of women agree that a transgender woman is a woman

Glad to see I'm not an outlier!
That doesn’t mean you should be able to dismiss the feelings of others as invalid.
I don't think anyone is dismissing anyone's feelings. But a feeling is just that, a feeling. It does not necessarily mean that any action needs to be taken. Feelings of discomfort don't mean any action needs to be taken. Often times when a person feels discomfort the only action that needs to be carried out is by the person feeling it.

Ex. I have a client who wears a gun on his hip pretty much all the time. He will come into our office wearing it. I've run into him at the grocery store and he's wearing it. He's a good guy and I don't fear him, but him having the gun on his person visible to everyone makes me uncomfortable. But he's not doing anything wrong. So who gets to deal with the feelings of discomfort? Me. They are my feelings so they are mine to deal with. I have no right to push that on a guy who's doing nothing wrong.

Some women will be uncomfortable with trans women in the same locker room. That is fine. That is valid. That doesn't mean that anything needs to be done about it. They can choose their own path such as deal with it, talk to management, or go elsewhere.
No… your comfort matters more there .

You would have the absolute right and ability to tell him that a gun can’t be worn inside your office.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:02 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:41 pm

No… your comfort matters more there .

You would have the absolute right and ability to tell him that a gun can’t be worn inside your office.
No, that call would be up to my boss who owns the business and pays the rent on the office. Now if I made a big enough stink about it would my boss make a policy about wearing guns in the office? Perhaps. But why should I make a stink about it? Like I said, the client is not doing anything wrong, so why should I force him to change his ways just because I'm uncomfortable about something? (A discomfort that stems from lack of experience with said item that makes me uncomfortable. Most fear stems from the unknown after all.)
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:27 pm

Here we go…

Because you know how all trans women think.

Because they all think the same way…
Just admit to being a bigot and move on. Bottom line is planet fitness was 100% justified in terminating the membership of the person who violated policy.
Lol If the society you want to create demands that I am now called a bigot because I don’t want random penises out on display around my daughters, so be it…

I get it… you REALLY WANT that to be the reality we live in… You believe that it is a man’s right to show his penis to any girl or woman, and there is something wrong with those women who don’t feel like that’s ok. Teenage girls be damned, if a 45 year old man wants something, he should have it, that’s his right and they most definitely supersede the rights of those girls and women.

I’m not onboard.
You have either an incredibly active imagination where you see threats of penis around every turn, or a very low opinion of men (thinking that they are looking for every opportunity to wave their penis around) to the point I'm surprised you even bothered to marry one or mate with one. Or is it only TRANS penis you're concerned with.....which if that's the case that does in fact make you A BIGOT. The choice is yours. Active imagination, men are obsessed with waving their penis around, or you're bigoted.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:21 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 pm

Just admit to being a bigot and move on. Bottom line is planet fitness was 100% justified in terminating the membership of the person who violated policy.
Lol If the society you want to create demands that I am now called a bigot because I don’t want random penises out on display around my daughters, so be it…

I get it… you REALLY WANT that to be the reality we live in… You believe that it is a man’s right to show his penis to any girl or woman, and there is something wrong with those women who don’t feel like that’s ok. Teenage girls be damned, if a 45 year old man wants something, he should have it, that’s his right and they most definitely supersede the rights of those girls and women.

I’m not onboard.
You have either an incredibly active imagination where you see threats of penis around every turn, or a very low opinion of men (thinking that they are looking for every opportunity to wave their penis around) to the point I'm surprised you even bothered to marry one or mate with one. Or is it only TRANS penis you're concerned with.....which if that's the case that does in fact make you A BIGOT. The choice is yours. Active imagination, men are obsessed with waving their penis around, or you're bigoted.
I do have a huge precaution when it comes to men…
I totally believe there are wonderfully good men, like the one I married and the one I raised…

And I haven’t at all talked to my son about this but I’ve spoken in detail to my husband about this- and this is HIS OPINION- Good men keep women safe from bad men.

He would never be comfortable with our 16 year old daughter changing clothes around any grown man, ever.

The biggest danger women as a whole will ever face - is men.

Thank God for the good ones… they don’t mean the bad ones don’t exist though.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:17 pm

I’m not onboard.
I totally believe there are wonderfully good men, like the one I married and the one I raised…

And I haven’t at all talked to my son about this but I’ve spoken in detail to my husband about this- and this is HIS OPINION- Good men keep women safe from bad men.

He would never be comfortable with our 16 year old daughter changing clothes around any grown man, ever.

And yet you seem to think (or at least you have implied all up and down this thread) that if a person is trans then they are the "bad kind"
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:22 pm

And yet you seem to think (or at least you have implied all up and down this thread) that if a person is trans then they are the "bad kind"
I don’t at all think that trans people are “the bad kind” in any way.

I think people who used to be men and now identify as women, have the same statistical likelihood of committing crimes- as identical to men.

That doesn’t at all mean men are the bad kind either, but it does mean that there are logical reasons women wanted a separate place to change clothes.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I’m not onboard.

How does your husband feel about your daughter attending high school or college or church or working outside the home?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 pm

How does your husband feel about your daughter attending high school or college or church or working outside the home?
To be honest?
He knows those milestones in life are needed,
But he’s taught them every method of self defense he knows. He’s taught them where to hit, he’s made sure they have pepper spray attached to their bags, he taught them how to kick and break that little foot bone if someone grabs you and he’s talked to them at length about the safety precautions he expects them to take when they live alone. As far as not leaving the window open if you live in the first floor of an apartment…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic