Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 pm
highlandmum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:04 pm

Because that is what’s NORMAL in locker rooms.
Naked people walking around.
There’s nothing “indecent” about being in a locker room naked.

So no… walking around naked is not against any policies. It’s no one’s fault that a woman in a man’s body who also has a penis has their dick at face height of those who are sitting down… that’s just down to a person’s height…

So yeah, if a 12 year old is sitting on a bench and a penis is at face height to her, we tell her to deal with it because we’re inclusive now.
Where do you go that people are just walking around naked? I have been to many gyms and I'll say that the vast and I'll even go as far to say everyone. Walks to the shower in either a towel or a robe. Then they come back out with the towel or a robe wrapped around them. Some will change right at the lockers, some take their stuff to the private change areas. I change in the private areas as that is where I am comfortable. I have never in my life seen anyone just walking around naked, and I've been going to the gym since I was 16.

I asked my DH what happens in a mens hockey dressing rooms. He told me the showers are a open area, and they shower together, but then they grab a towel as they exit and wrap it around them to head to their locker area, where they will change in the open. He said you sometimes get that one or two guys who walk around "free range" but they are few and far between and usually are only when you are with the same team for a while.
So your husband said yeah, sometimes it happens…
I was a member of a gym in LA and I saw naked women walking around every single time I was in there. Older naked women a lot… women in their 70’s… they had the least shame lol.
Alaska is a long way from SoCal lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:25 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 pm

Nobody was naked and Planet Fitness has private changing rooms. Most gyms do, I think.
In this particular story no one was naked… Naked people are in locker rooms though.

12 year olds are in locker rooms…

We’ve now gotten so “inclusive” that if a 12 year old girl is sitting on the benches in a locker room and a naked grown man walks by with his dick at face height of that child, we tell the child to shut the f**k up and deal with it because the adults in your life are ok with that now…
Are 12 year old children allowed in PF alone?
Why would they be alone?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:27 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 pm

In this particular story no one was naked… Naked people are in locker rooms though.

12 year olds are in locker rooms…

We’ve now gotten so “inclusive” that if a 12 year old girl is sitting on the benches in a locker room and a naked grown man walks by with his dick at face height of that child, we tell the child to shut the f**k up and deal with it because the adults in your life are ok with that now…
Why would they be alone?
You can just say I don't know.
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 pm

Why would they be alone?
It’s kind of a pointless question because there’s no reason they would be alone to begin with…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:26 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 pm

So no… walking around naked is not against any policies. It’s no one’s fault that a woman in a man’s body who also has a penis has their dick at face height of those who are sitting down… that’s just down to a person’s height…

So yeah, if a 12 year old is sitting on a bench and a penis is at face height to her, we tell her to deal with it because we’re inclusive now.
Either it's normal and nothing to be afraid of, or it's harmful and should never be allowed. Do the genders really make it from one to the other?
Yes, genders DO actually really matter on this one…
So you are perfectly okay with a 12 year old boy in this situation? What bad thing will happen to the girl that will not happen to the boy?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 pm
Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 pm

Why would they be alone?
It’s kind of a pointless question because there’s no reason they would be alone to begin with…
So where was the guardian of the 12 y/o?

Btw:

Membership is open to anyone 13 years or older.

Members between the ages of 13 and 17 must have a parent or guardian present at the time of joining

Parent or guardian must sign the membership agreement and a legal waiver allowing the minor to use the club with his or her permission

Members ages 13 and 14 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian at all times.

Parent must be a member or the Black Card guest of the minor member

Planet Fitness does not provide child care services

Minors/children are not allowed to be left unattended while a parent or guardian is working out

https://www.planetfitness.com/about-pla ... s-policies
306/232

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

With the policies being be as modest as possible and also expect very temporary nudity, a 12 year old actually seeing a dick is odds-defying lol.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm With the policies being be as modest as possible and also expect very temporary nudity, a 12 year old actually seeing a dick is odds-defying lol.
What I want to know is, what are the terrible consequences of seeing a dick that are so psychologically damaging (for girls, not boys) that it must be prevented at all costs, even at the cost of discriminating against trans people?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 pm
highlandmum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Where do you go that people are just walking around naked? I have been to many gyms and I'll say that the vast and I'll even go as far to say everyone. Walks to the shower in either a towel or a robe. Then they come back out with the towel or a robe wrapped around them. Some will change right at the lockers, some take their stuff to the private change areas. I change in the private areas as that is where I am comfortable. I have never in my life seen anyone just walking around naked, and I've been going to the gym since I was 16.

I asked my DH what happens in a mens hockey dressing rooms. He told me the showers are a open area, and they shower together, but then they grab a towel as they exit and wrap it around them to head to their locker area, where they will change in the open. He said you sometimes get that one or two guys who walk around "free range" but they are few and far between and usually are only when you are with the same team for a while.
So your husband said yeah, sometimes it happens…
I was a member of a gym in LA and I saw naked women walking around every single time I was in there. Older naked women a lot… women in their 70’s… they had the least shame lol.
That's a hockey dressing room. You know 26 guys you have spent 2+ years with. We are not talking about strangers we are talking about teammates who are extremely comfortable with each other and have know each other for years. I asked him just now about the gym and his response was that if he saw a guy walking around naked at the gym in a locker room it would be extremely uncomfortable situation as it is not normal.

Different place, different expectations.

Never once have I seen anyone walking around a gym naked, lockers yes, but walking around no.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm With the policies being be as modest as possible and also expect very temporary nudity, a 12 year old actually seeing a dick is odds-defying lol.
What I want to know is, what are the terrible consequences of seeing a dick that are so psychologically damaging (for girls, not boys) that it must be prevented at all costs, even at the cost of discriminating against trans people?
I always feel these arguments are gross anyway. They come across as "trans women are perverts and now have access to your girls". If they believe the first part, then those people previously had access to your boys, and would again, if the policies these people want go into effect, but they don't seem to care as much? I'm explaining it badly (and for the record do NOT believe the pervert premise), but it always sits wrong with me. Your question is dead on, though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic