Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:00 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:49 pm I'd trust a trans woman to behave appropriately around a 12 year old girl far more than I'd trust a bunch of gym rats to behave appropriately with a trans woman in THEIR locker room.
I know quite a few transgender adults and all of them have used the bathroom or locker room of the gender they align with since childhood. These fears are groundless but have been ginned up since Houston, Texas in 2015 in opposition to LBGTQ non-discrimination laws. That was when the whole transgender in bathroom conversation began. The fears expressed then never came into fruition but they're still repeating them.
I would think most just want to blend in and go about their day. If that Karen hadn't made a stink about it, this woman would have finished her routine and left, no harm no foul.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 pm

Nobody was naked and Planet Fitness has private changing rooms. Most gyms do, I think.
In this particular story no one was naked… Naked people are in locker rooms though.

12 year olds are in locker rooms…

We’ve now gotten so “inclusive” that if a 12 year old girl is sitting on the benches in a locker room and a naked grown man walks by with his dick at face height of that child, we tell the child to shut the f**k up and deal with it because the adults in your life are ok with that now…
Why would you think someone would do that? Trans people have just as much human decency as the rest of us. And that behavior also violates PF policies, just so you know. So nobody just has to deal with it.
Because that is what’s NORMAL in locker rooms.
Naked people walking around.
There’s nothing “indecent” about being in a locker room naked.

So no… walking around naked is not against any policies. It’s no one’s fault that a woman in a man’s body who also has a penis has their dick at face height of those who are sitting down… that’s just down to a person’s height…

So yeah, if a 12 year old is sitting on a bench and a penis is at face height to her, we tell her to deal with it because we’re inclusive now.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:04 pm

In this particular story no one was naked… Naked people are in locker rooms though.

We’ve now gotten so “inclusive” that if a 12 year old girl is sitting on the benches in a locker room and a naked grown man walks by with his dick at face height of that child, we tell the child to shut the f**k up and deal with it because the adults in your life are ok with that now…
Why would you think someone would do that? Trans people have just as much human decency as the rest of us. And that behavior also violates PF policies, just so you know. So nobody just has to deal with it.

So no… walking around naked is not against any policies. It’s no one’s fault that a woman in a man’s body who also has a penis has their dick at face height of those who are sitting down… that’s just down to a person’s height…

So yeah, if a 12 year old is sitting on a bench and a penis is at face height to her, we tell her to deal with it because we’re inclusive now.
From the policies:

We ask that members respect the privacy and comfort of other members by practicing modesty in the locker rooms and remaining covered as much as possible.

Edited to add: I don't think people walking around waving their genitals in people's faces is a widespread as you apparently want to believe. Trans people are capable of respecting other's space and privacy, as well as their own.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:11 pm

From the policies:

We ask that members respect the privacy and comfort of other members by practicing modesty in the locker rooms and remaining covered as much as possible.

Edited to add: I don't think people walking around waving their genitals in people's faces is a widespread as you apparently want to believe. Trans people are capable of respecting other's space and privacy, as well as their own.
From Planet Fitness:

GET IN, GET OUT AND NOBODY GETS HURT
Let's just get this one out of the way now: The most potentially uncomfortable thing about locker rooms is, undeniably, the nakedness. (Not that being naked is necessarily awkward, but we all have different comfort levels when it comes to being around naked strangers.)

The general rule of thumb is this: Get in, get out and nobody gets hurt. Temporary nakedness is expected when changing in or out of gym clothes.

https://www.planetfitness.com/community ... -etiquette

So yes… Naked men might be around your daughters, and no one has to be “waving” their genitals around. They just stand there.

When a man simply stands up, his dick is about face height of anyone sitting down if he’s about 5’11. And there is nothing wrong with being naked in a locker room, or standing up as you change clothes. Everyone’s daughters are told to deal with it and be more inclusive…. There’s something wrong with THEM if they see a problem with the situation…
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where do you go that people are just walking around naked? I have been to many gyms and I'll say that the vast and I'll even go as far to say everyone. Walks to the shower in either a towel or a robe. Then they come back out with the towel or a robe wrapped around them. Some will change right at the lockers, some take their stuff to the private change areas. I change in the private areas as that is where I am comfortable. I have never in my life seen anyone just walking around naked, and I've been going to the gym since I was 16.

I asked my DH what happens in a mens hockey dressing rooms. He told me the showers are a open area, and they shower together, but then they grab a towel as they exit and wrap it around them to head to their locker area, where they will change in the open. He said you sometimes get that one or two guys who walk around "free range" but they are few and far between and usually are only when you are with the same team for a while.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Was she shaving with a tallywacker out?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Either it's normal and nothing to be afraid of, or it's harmful and should never be allowed. Do the genders really make it from one to the other?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 pm

Where do you go that people are just walking around naked? I have been to many gyms and I'll say that the vast and I'll even go as far to say everyone. Walks to the shower in either a towel or a robe. Then they come back out with the towel or a robe wrapped around them. Some will change right at the lockers, some take their stuff to the private change areas. I change in the private areas as that is where I am comfortable. I have never in my life seen anyone just walking around naked, and I've been going to the gym since I was 16.

I asked my DH what happens in a mens hockey dressing rooms. He told me the showers are a open area, and they shower together, but then they grab a towel as they exit and wrap it around them to head to their locker area, where they will change in the open. He said you sometimes get that one or two guys who walk around "free range" but they are few and far between and usually are only when you are with the same team for a while.
So your husband said yeah, sometimes it happens…
I was a member of a gym in LA and I saw naked women walking around every single time I was in there. Older naked women a lot… women in their 70’s… they had the least shame lol.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm Women have to be ok with losing all ability to be naked in locker rooms without having naked men in their too…you can’t get upset. Just accept it…

Sad, but one of the reasons I would never allow my daughters to join a gym. The one at school is perfectly fine…
Nobody was naked and Planet Fitness has private changing rooms. Most gyms do, I think.

Are 12 year old children allowed in PF alone?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 pm

Either it's normal and nothing to be afraid of, or it's harmful and should never be allowed. Do the genders really make it from one to the other?
Yes, genders DO actually really matter on this one…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic