Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm That’s true…

And they should probably update it sooner rather than later.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/21/planet-f ... cker-room/
SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:45 pm Time to update the policy.
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm You specifically read the words, “The most potentially uncomfortable thing about locker rooms is, undeniably, the nakedness.”
“Temporary nakedness is expected “

As posted by Planet Fitness themselves.

Now you try to figure out what the answer to your question would be.
Hold on one second. Does no one else see a major problem with the pictures. Yes the transgender woman is front and centre but there is another woman sitting on a bench, and in the background there is a reflection of a woman in a mirror. Since some are saying people walk around the changeroom naked, what would happen if that woman in the mirror had been in her bra. Now this person who is just minding their own business is now on the internet in her undergarments'.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:27 pm
Della wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:17 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:29 pm

This is the state of liberal thought…

If ever in question, start asking sexually inappropriate questions about their underage children….

Because that makes people think you’re less of a pervert.
Is that an unknown idea to you?

You seem to be terrified of any penises, so I think it's a legitimate question.

Are you aware that you moved your family to the rape state of the Continental US?
You need help Della.

That’s all I feel comfortable saying without thinking that I’m becoming a horrible person.
Sword fights in locker rooms are decades old. It's the truth. With your outrageous imagination based on this womans claims, I don't understand why you can't imagine what actually goes on between men and boys in locker rooms. It just seems like your priorities are quite different than mine.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:07 am What did they do to deserve this?

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm That’s true…

And they should probably update it sooner rather than later.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/21/planet-f ... cker-room/
SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:45 pm Time to update the policy.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I think this is what is bothering me so much.

Planet Fitness has had a transgender inclusive locker room policy for a decade, so much so that they have made video commercials regarding their inclusive policy. Their policy is posted online, on walls, as well as in the membership package. Men and women who don't agree with the policy are not forced to become members of Planet Fitness, they can choose to go elsewhere.

Their current stock woes are because a member posted a picture of a presumably full clothed transgender women in the locker room. A picture that has caused outrage for those who were not aware of the policy and are now "boycotting" Planet Fitness. It's absurd and I'm not even sure what they are trying to gain? Shut down PF because they DARE to be inclusive? Isn't that their right or do we no longer care about rights?

What seems to be consistently lost in the conversation is while conservatives are screaming about a "man" in the locker room, a transgender woman who was in the locker room (again fully clothed) is being shared on-line. The threats are disgusting. What did SHE do to deserve this?

What these boycotts and threats convey is it's not safe to accommodate transgender women and men in this country. It's not safe to BE a transgender woman or man in this country. This is the message that conservatives are obviously sending and not so subtilely. It's disgusting, prejudicial, and bigoted but it's become normalized because transgender men and women are easy targets and they are different.

Any parent should be concerned because this could be your child. Any person should be concerned because this could be someone you care about and if conservatives can so viciously come after this group, are you so sure that they won't come after a group of which you are a member? I mean, are you an immigrant? The same tactics are being used not only against those whose gender identity is "different" but also those who are different in the way they worship, their race, and their ethnicity. Is this really the country conservatives and liberals alike wish to live in?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic