Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:45 am So f**k the rape victims that don’t want naked men around them, they can go home, f**k the young girls that aren’t ready to see naked men, they need to grow up quicker, f**k the husbands that don’t want naked men around their naked wives, they need to get over it… Whatever the man in the situation wants, he should get. f**k all women who have a problem,..
A locker room policy requiring that all members be discrete in public areas addresses every single one of those concerns. How doesn't it?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Males are typically comfortable changing clothes around other males, but not around females.
Boys can easily be uncomfortable, they should get their own private dressing room.

Females are typically comfortable changing clothes around other females, but not around males…Girls can easily be uncomfortable, they should get their own private dressing room.

How is this a new idea to you?
SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:11 pm You know young boys are exposed to naked grown men right now and you don't give a shit, right? You don't think it's damaging to the young boy so you F***ing ADVOCATE for those men to be around a naked young boy...even though young boys are just as likely to be victims of abuse as young girls...

That is what you are doing, right?

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:45 am Do you know what?

f**k you. What I’m saying is FULLY TRUE. You just don’t like it.

YOU KNOW YOUNG GIRLS WILL BE EXPOSED TO NAKED GROWN MEN AND YOU DONT GIVE A SHIT. Some of them won’t even actually be trans men, some of them will just be regular men that want to go in a ladies dressing room…

You know that can be dangerous for young girls and you don’t give a shit.

You don’t think it’s damaging to the young girl so you F***ing ADVOCATE for those men to be around a naked young girl….

THEN YOU TRY TO ACT LIKE ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT IS SICK…

So f**k the rape victims that don’t want naked men around them, they can go home, f**k the young girls that aren’t ready to see naked men, they need to grow up quicker, f**k the husbands that don’t want naked men around their naked wives, they need to get over it… Whatever the man in the situation wants, he should get. f**k all women who have a problem,..

Who the do you think you’re fooling with this bullshit? Your liberal cronies on this site? You got it.. they totally believe you.

You’re right about this is why trumpets hate liberals though… most of them couldn’t even stomach this conversation without thinking liberals are a severely destructive force.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You specifically read the words, “The most potentially uncomfortable thing about locker rooms is, undeniably, the nakedness.”
“Temporary nakedness is expected “

As posted by Planet Fitness themselves.

Now you try to figure out what the answer to your question would be.
SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:45 am So f**k the rape victims that don’t want naked men around them, they can go home, f**k the young girls that aren’t ready to see naked men, they need to grow up quicker, f**k the husbands that don’t want naked men around their naked wives, they need to get over it… Whatever the man in the situation wants, he should get. f**k all women who have a problem,..
A locker room policy requiring that all members be discrete in public areas addresses every single one of those concerns. How doesn't it?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If everyone who is uncomfortable gets their own private dressing room, then what does it matter if one person is trans?

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:35 pm Males are typically comfortable changing clothes around other males, but not around females.
Boys can easily be uncomfortable, they should get their own private dressing room.

Females are typically comfortable changing clothes around other females, but not around males…Girls can easily be uncomfortable, they should get their own private dressing room.

SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:11 pm You know young boys are exposed to naked grown men right now and you don't give a shit, right? You don't think it's damaging to the young boy so you F***ing ADVOCATE for those men to be around a naked young boy...even though young boys are just as likely to be victims of abuse as young girls...

SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Time to update the policy.
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm You specifically read the words, “The most potentially uncomfortable thing about locker rooms is, undeniably, the nakedness.”

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s true…

And they should probably update it sooner rather than later.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/21/planet-f ... cker-room/
SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:45 pm Time to update the policy.
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:38 pm You specifically read the words, “The most potentially uncomfortable thing about locker rooms is, undeniably, the nakedness.”

SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:35 pm Males are typically comfortable changing clothes around other males, but not around females.
Boys can easily be uncomfortable, they should get their own private dressing room. Females are typically comfortable changing clothes around other females, but not around males…Girls can easily be uncomfortable, they should get their own private dressing room.

And to my point about the discourse...

You can easily use calm and leveling language, suggest that this is nothing new, make exceptions for the uncomfortable, etc. when it's young boys in the locker room with grown men. At the same time, you use hysterical all-caps accusations of not giving a shit about girls. Even though the problem is, you suggest, that men are dangerous, and not to be trusted. Boys are just as likely to be abused by men as girls. Boys are going to be in locker rooms with men millions of times more often than girls being in a locker room with a trans woman. Nothing, really?

I could easily claim that you just don't give a shit about all the boys who are being abused in the locker room, which is actually a thing, especially when you consider hazing. That's a problem a thousand times worse than a trans woman shaving at PF. But, I'm not trying to make it out like you want boys to just grow up, get used to it, who cares. I think you do care, and would work with me to put a stop to it when you think about the actual harm. I can give you the benefit of the doubt.

I actually give more shits about both boys and girls than you can believe. I just don't agree that trans women are such a risk to girls that they need to be discriminated against by laws governing their bathroom use, especially in light of the real locker room risks, to boys. That does not make me a "severely destructive force." Please think about the real risks and I hope you'll agree.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pick a different tree to quote me on then…

If it’s a quote tree where I’m flat out being insulted for my opinion, I’m going to get real insulting too…

If you’re going to compare me to a trumpster because I don’t fall in line with your point of view, I’m going to tell you why that liberal point of view is destructive.

If you’re going to ignore all aspects of a woman feeling unsafe around an undressed man, I’m going to ignore your assertions behind where you think my feelings come from…

I’ve said 6-7 times in this post that everyone should have their own private dressing rooms now and the problem would be solved. That got ignored 6-7 times and I am continually asked why everyone having a private dressing room wouldn’t be good enough… I’m a bit tired at this point.

SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:31 pm And to my point about the discourse...

You can easily use calm and leveling language, suggest that this is nothing new, make exceptions for the uncomfortable, etc. when it's young boys in the locker room with grown men. At the same time, you use hysterical all-caps accusations of not giving a shit about girls. Even though the problem is, you suggest, that men are dangerous, and not to be trusted. Boys are just as likely to be abused by men as girls. Boys are going to be in locker rooms with men millions of times more often than girls being in a locker room with a trans woman. Nothing, really?

I could easily claim that you just don't give a shit about all the boys who are being abused in the locker room, which is actually a thing, especially when you consider hazing. That's a problem a thousand times worse than a trans woman shaving at PF. But, I'm not trying to make it out like you want boys to just grow up, get used to it, who cares. I think you do care, and would work with me to put a stop to it when you think about the actual harm. I can give you the benefit of the doubt.

I actually give more shits about both boys and girls than you can believe. I just don't agree that trans women are such a risk to girls that they need to be discriminated against by laws governing their bathroom use, especially in light of the real locker room risks, to boys. That does not make me a "severely destructive force." Please think about the real risks and I hope you'll agree.

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm That’s true…

And they should probably update it sooner rather than later.

https://www.tmz.com/2024/03/21/planet-f ... cker-room/
SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:45 pm Time to update the policy.

Ugh. I hope this woman sues Silvie and any publication that posts her picture. Taking a picture of someone in a changing room or bathroom without their consent is illegal. I think normalizing this is far more dangerous to women than transgender women in the locker room.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm pretty sure that was addressed. I'm pretty sure someone said they envision in the future that all dressing rooms / locker rooms will be individual and will not be gendered. But we can't make that happen overnight. We can't expect every single business to fork over the renovation money immediately to make it happen.

So in the meantime we all have to make accommodations and concessions. PF has private room options in their locker rooms. If you don't want to be seen, use those options. And if you don't want to see something, then don't look directly at other people. If your child doesn't want to see something then teach them not to look directly at other people either.
And if you see inappropriate behavior then by all means report it.

Following this simple philosophy, I don't see why we can't all get along in these locker rooms until such a thing happens that every single person can have an individual space to change and clean up in.
Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:38 pm

I’ve said 6-7 times in this post that everyone should have their own private dressing rooms now and the problem would be solved. That got ignored 6-7 times and I am continually asked why everyone having a private dressing room wouldn’t be good enough… I’m a bit tired at this point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic