Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:56 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:17 pm

I do have a huge precaution when it comes to men…
I totally believe there are wonderfully good men, like the one I married and the one I raised…

And I haven’t at all talked to my son about this but I’ve spoken in detail to my husband about this- and this is HIS OPINION- Good men keep women safe from bad men.

He would never be comfortable with our 16 year old daughter changing clothes around any grown man, ever.

The biggest danger women as a whole will ever face - is men.

Thank God for the good ones… they don’t mean the bad ones don’t exist though.
How does your husband feel about your daughter attending high school or college or church or working outside the home?
To be honest?
He knows those milestones in life are needed,
But he’s taught them every method of self defense he knows. He’s taught them where to hit, he’s made sure they have pepper spray attached to their bags, he taught them how to kick and break that little foot bone if someone grabs you and he’s talked to them at length about the safety precautions he expects them to take when they live alone. As far as not leaving the window open if you live in the first floor of an apartment…
Wouldn't those self-defense skills translate to a potential assault in a locker room?

I'm really trying to understand your perspective as it's so different from my own. I, my husband, my MIL, and my daughter were all victims of sexual assault as teens so it's something that we talked A LOT about in our household (each time by a trusted family friend, relative, or in my daughter's case her track coach). Frankly, I think if we could have, we would have wrapped both our kids in cotton and never let them leave the house. At the same time, we never equated seeing genitals (male or female) as something sexual or some kind of assault which is probably why we had no problem going to clothing optional beaches with the kids while they were growing up or going to Italy, lol.

I'm just trying to understand how protecting a teen from glancing at male genitals is equated with protecting them from harm or protecting them from men?

Statistically, the number of sexual assaults that happen to cis-gender women in bathrooms and changing room is less than 1%. The number perpetrated by transgender women is almost 0. However, 34% of transgender men and women have been sexually assaulted in bathrooms and changing rooms when required to use the facility of their birth S*x. Do you think you or your husband's fears about transgender women in locker rooms would be different if your daughter were transgender? Why or why not?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:19 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 pm

How does your husband feel about your daughter attending high school or college or church or working outside the home?
To be honest?
But he’s taught them every method of self defense he knows. He’s taught them where to hit, he’s made sure they have pepper spray attached to their bags, he taught them how to kick and break that little foot bone if someone grabs you and he’s talked to them at length about the safety precautions he expects them to take when they live alone. As far as not leaving the window open if you live in the first floor of an apartment…
Wouldn't those self-defense skills translate to a potential assault in a locker room?

I'm really trying to understand your perspective as it's so different from my own. I, my husband, my MIL, and my daughter were all victims of sexual assault as teens so it's something that we talked A LOT about in our household (each time by a trusted family friend, relative, or in my daughter's case her track coach). Frankly, I think if we could have, we would have wrapped both our kids in cotton and never let them leave the house. At the same time, we never equated seeing genitals (male or female) as something sexual or some kind of assault which is probably why we had no problem going to clothing optional beaches with the kids while they were growing up or going to Italy, lol.

I'm just trying to understand how protecting a teen from glancing at male genitals is equated with protecting them from harm or protecting them from men?

Statistically, the number of sexual assaults that happen to cis-gender women in bathrooms and changing room is less than 1%. The number perpetrated by transgender women is almost 0. However, 34% of transgender men and women have been sexually assaulted in bathrooms and changing rooms when required to use the facility of their birth S*x. Do you think you or your husband's fears about transgender women in locker rooms would be different if your daughter were transgender? Why or why not?
Yes, as unfair as that sounds, female to male is different.
They’re as threatening as women, and as likely to commit violent crimes as women.

I am really sorry that happened to you. I know what it’s like to have something sexually violent happen and maybe that does alter my views of what may be a threat… but for me, men in general can be a threat until you know they are not a threat because of who they personally are.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:30 pm

To be honest?

They’re as threatening as women, and as likely to commit violent crimes as women.

I am really sorry that happened to you. I know what it’s like to have something sexually violent happen and maybe that does alter my views of what may be a threat… but for me, men in general can be a threat until you know they are not a threat because of who they personally are.
No, I meant if your daughter was a male to female. Would you advocate for her to use the women's changing room despite it causing some women discomfort or would you insist she use the men's changing room knowing that it puts her at increased risk?

I assume you would advocate for her to use the rest room that she identifies with despite the discomfort is causes some women to have someone with a penis present. Can you understand that women who know and love someone who is transgender would do the same?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Rules are rules. She shouldn't have taken the picture. I understand being uneasy with a biological male in the locker room but this person was shaving and not taking their clothes off or being inappropriate so I don't know what she thought the picture would accomplish. I almost feel that in these times we live in we should have a third private bathroom for Trans people to make everyone feel comfortable
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am Lol If the society you want to create demands that I am now called a bigot because I don’t want random penises out on display around my daughters, so be it…

I get it… you REALLY WANT that to be the reality we live in… You believe that it is a man’s right to show his penis to any girl or woman, and there is something wrong with those women who don’t feel like that’s ok. Teenage girls be damned, if a 45 year old man wants something, he should have it, that’s his right and they most definitely supersede the rights of those girls and women.

I’m not onboard.
Frankly, I think this is a real problem.

You know perfectly well that what you are saying is not true. You know that is not what people think or want. This kind of gross exaggeration is destroying our civic discourse.

You may not support Trump, but you are doing Trumpism, right there - demonizing perfectly reasonable political positions (like, people have a right to determine their own gender) by claiming that it means the sickest thing possible and the daughters are next. Yes, that IS the "coming for your daughters!" argument, just as Wells said, and it's used to vilify the opposition and widen the divide.

This is why Trumpers hate, and I mean HATE the libtards, and think that being a liberal is a mental illness - because on every single issue, all day long, this is the kind of demonizing exaggerations they hear. Liberals want penis in your daughters face, right at eye level! Liberals want you to be robbed and murdered by an immigrant! Perfectly reasonable efforts to help people, to save lives, to honor human rights, to make life better, are treated like a sickness. It's not right.

I really appreciate having you in the discussion, but I weary of these games. Could you stop implying that we are perverts for no reason, please? Thanks.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:41 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:30 am Lol If the society you want to create demands that I am now called a bigot because I don’t want random penises out on display around my daughters, so be it…

I get it… you REALLY WANT that to be the reality we live in… You believe that it is a man’s right to show his penis to any girl or woman, and there is something wrong with those women who don’t feel like that’s ok. Teenage girls be damned, if a 45 year old man wants something, he should have it, that’s his right and they most definitely supersede the rights of those girls and women.

I’m not onboard.

You know perfectly well that what you are saying is not true. You know that is not what people think or want. This kind of gross exaggeration is destroying our civic discourse.

You may not support Trump, but you are doing Trumpism, right there - demonizing perfectly reasonable political positions (like, people have a right to determine their own gender) by claiming that it means the sickest thing possible and the daughters are next. Yes, that IS the "coming for your daughters!" argument, just as Wells said, and it's used to vilify the opposition and widen the divide.

This is why Trumpers hate, and I mean HATE the libtards, and think that being a liberal is a mental illness - because on every single issue, all day long, this is the kind of demonizing exaggerations they hear. Liberals want penis in your daughters face, right at eye level! Liberals want you to be robbed and murdered by an immigrant! Perfectly reasonable efforts to help people, to save lives, to honor human rights, to make life better, are treated like a sickness. It's not right.

I really appreciate having you in the discussion, but I weary of these games. Could you stop implying that we are perverts for no reason, please? Thanks.
I had a response to those exact examples yesterday and my phone glitched. Completely unnecessary and insulting AF.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To be honest?

So, you have a son. What if, tomorrow, your son came out as transgender. (I'm going to use He here so we don't have confusion that I'm talking about the child that right now is your presumably a cis gender male) He changes his name to a beautiful new one, goes on hormone treatment and grows breasts, grows his hair long, wears feminine clothing and lives his life as a girl. And he wants to go to the gym or swimming pool. There are only men's and women's change rooms. Which one do you want him changing in? Every trans woman is someone's child. I'm just trying to get you to see things from the perspective of those who love a transgender person and not from the perspective of a person who fears people with penises.

In a perfect world we'd have individual change rooms and it would be a non-issue but it is an issue and it has to be dealt with.

In my experience, actual experience, living in a community that has a very high transgender population and being involved with the LGBTQ+ community I have never seen a transwoman or girl expose her genitalia to other people in a washroom, a changeroom or in public. I've been part of LGBTQ+ camps for youth and one topic of discussion that always comes up is how can you use a changeroom and not be "outed" and is it safe to use a changeroom at all? And it broke my heart a few years ago to hear a 14 year old girl with a penis tell me that she holds her pee for an entire day because her school doesn't have a gender neutral washroom and she's afraid to use the girls washroom because kids in her community know she's trans and some girls have a huge issue with it and she doesn't feel safe in the boys washroom. Changing in a changeroom...she got an exemption for her gym credit from her school board because they didn't know what to do with her with changerooms or which class to put her in. If you were that girls parent what would you tell her?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What I’m saying is FULLY TRUE. You just don’t like it.

YOU KNOW YOUNG GIRLS WILL BE EXPOSED TO NAKED GROWN MEN AND YOU DONT GIVE A SHIT. Some of them won’t even actually be trans women, some of them will just be regular men that want to go in a ladies dressing room…

You know that can be dangerous for young girls and you don’t give a shit.

You don’t think it’s damaging to the young girl so you F***ing ADVOCATE for those men to be around a naked young girl….

THEN YOU TRY TO ACT LIKE ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT IS SICK…

So f**k the rape victims that don’t want naked men around them, they can go home, f**k the young girls that aren’t ready to see naked men, they need to grow up quicker, f**k the husbands that don’t want naked men around their naked wives, they need to get over it… Whatever the man in the situation wants, he should get. f**k all women who have a problem,..

Who the do you think you’re fooling with this bullshit? Your liberal cronies on this site? You got it.. they totally believe you.

You’re right about this is why trumpets hate liberals though… most of them couldn’t even stomach this conversation without thinking liberals are a severely destructive force.

SallyMae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:41 am

I’m not onboard.

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

And you’re right , I would TOTALLY want my child to use the womens restroom.
Why?
Because men are dangerous.

And with it being my child, I would KNOW that my child isn’t a danger to anyone at all.

If this was a child at school, I’d make sure the school provided her a private restroom or I’d bring hell upon them in the form of a major lawsuit…

The problem women are having with this is not one based on personal relationships… the problem women are having with this is that they are unsure of the safety a stranger would bring, with the added aspect of possible both being naked… Why?

Because men are dangerous.
There would need to be a huge amount of trust that the person with a penis even is transgender, or if they just wanted into the room women change clothes…

So if the answer is private changing rooms, that’s pretty freaking easy to accomplish.

It’s not comparable talking about people we know vs strangers.

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:01 am

So, you have a son. What if, tomorrow, your son came out as transgender. (I'm going to use He here so we don't have confusion that I'm talking about the child that right now is your presumably a cis gender male) He changes his name to a beautiful new one, goes on hormone treatment and grows breasts, grows his hair long, wears feminine clothing and lives his life as a girl. And he wants to go to the gym or swimming pool. There are only men's and women's change rooms. Which one do you want him changing in? Every trans woman is someone's child. I'm just trying to get you to see things from the perspective of those who love a transgender person and not from the perspective of a person who fears people with penises.

In a perfect world we'd have individual change rooms and it would be a non-issue but it is an issue and it has to be dealt with.

In my experience, actual experience, living in a community that has a very high transgender population and being involved with the LGBTQ+ community I have never seen a transwoman or girl expose her genitalia to other people in a washroom, a changeroom or in public. I've been part of LGBTQ+ camps for youth and one topic of discussion that always comes up is how can you use a changeroom and not be "outed" and is it safe to use a changeroom at all? And it broke my heart a few years ago to hear a 14 year old girl with a penis tell me that she holds her pee for an entire day because her school doesn't have a gender neutral washroom and she's afraid to use the girls washroom because kids in her community know she's trans and some girls have a huge issue with it and she doesn't feel safe in the boys washroom. Changing in a changeroom...she got an exemption for her gym credit from her school board because they didn't know what to do with her with changerooms or which class to put her in. If you were that girls parent what would you tell her?
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You know young boys are exposed to naked grown men right now and you don't give a shit, right? You don't think it's damaging to the young boy so you F***ing ADVOCATE for those men to be around a naked young boy...even though young boys are just as likely to be victims of abuse as young girls...

That is what you are doing, right?

Slimshandy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:45 am Do you know what?

f**k you. What I’m saying is FULLY TRUE. You just don’t like it.

YOU KNOW YOUNG GIRLS WILL BE EXPOSED TO NAKED GROWN MEN AND YOU DONT GIVE A SHIT. Some of them won’t even actually be trans men, some of them will just be regular men that want to go in a ladies dressing room…

You know that can be dangerous for young girls and you don’t give a shit.

You don’t think it’s damaging to the young girl so you F***ing ADVOCATE for those men to be around a naked young girl….

THEN YOU TRY TO ACT LIKE ANYONE WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THAT IS SICK…

So f**k the rape victims that don’t want naked men around them, they can go home, f**k the young girls that aren’t ready to see naked men, they need to grow up quicker, f**k the husbands that don’t want naked men around their naked wives, they need to get over it… Whatever the man in the situation wants, he should get. f**k all women who have a problem,..

Who the do you think you’re fooling with this bullshit? Your liberal cronies on this site? You got it.. they totally believe you.

You’re right about this is why trumpets hate liberals though… most of them couldn’t even stomach this conversation without thinking liberals are a severely destructive force.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic