DT tells court he cannot post bond

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I'm confused so maybe someone who understands property values can help out. It seems as if James is going to seize Trump's Seven Springs property (happens to be my favorite) but what value does she put on it? Trump valued it at $290 million on his balance sheet but valued it between $25 and $50 million on his financial disclosure forms (which appears to be closer to actual value). If it's value is, let's say, $50million, wouldn't seizing that property only cover the interest portion of the bond? Why not go after Bedminster which is higher value and lend Jack a backhoe?

Oops. Bedminster is in NJ, lol. I forgot. Trump doesn't own Trump Tower so what properties does he own in NY and what is their total value?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:54 pm I'm confused so maybe someone who understands property values can help out. It seems as if James is going to seize Trump's Seven Springs property (happens to be my favorite) but what value does she put on it? Trump valued it at $290 million on his balance sheet but valued it between $25 and $50 million on his financial disclosure forms (which appears to be closer to actual value). If it's value is, let's say, $50million, wouldn't seizing that property only cover the interest portion of the bond? Why not go after Bedminster which is higher value and lend Jack a backhoe?

Oops. Bedminster is in NJ, lol. I forgot. Trump doesn't own Trump Tower so what properties does he own in NY and what is their total value?
This is pretty informative.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-secure- ... =108315388
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:02 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:05 pm Wouldn’t it be weird if the judge lowered the amount he owed because of this…
It would be weird since they can’t do that. Lowering the amount would be something that can be asked on appeal. However, he has to pay the appeal bond, which is the judgement plus interest, to appeal. For example, judgement over Jean Carroll was a little over 83 mil, he’s appealing and the appeal bond he paid was a little over 91 mil(judgement plus interest).
Weird.
They lowered his bond.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Reduced for the bond to appeal. If he loses the appeal, he's still on the hook for the original amount.
306/232

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:17 pm
Reduced for the bond to appeal. If he loses the appeal, he's still on the hook for the original amount.
Thanks for clarifying Della. 🤗
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Didn't he say on Truth Social that he had $500 mil in cash? Man can't tell the truth or admit defeat to save his life. Malignant narcissism is fascinating to watch in real time.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:32 pm Didn't he say on Truth Social that he had $500 mil in cash? Man can't tell the truth or admit defeat to save his life. Malignant narcissism is fascinating to watch in real time.
I think the court is trying to not give the appearance of going after nominee Trump. That way it doesn't look like the alleged "election interference".
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:32 pm Didn't he say on Truth Social that he had $500 mil in cash? Man can't tell the truth or admit defeat to save his life. Malignant narcissism is fascinating to watch in real time.
It doesn’t really matter, if the bond is so high that a person can’t get a bond company to secure it, then the 8th amendment of the constitution has been violated if it’s not lowered.

Eighth Amendment
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Which could have gotten the whole case thrown out on appeal- and that would have been after The AG seized his properties- to which he could then sue and win possibly billions from the state of NY.

Much easier to lower the bond…
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:54 pm
It doesn’t really matter, if the bond is so high that a person can’t get a bond company to secure it, then the 8th amendment of the constitution has been violated if it’s not lowered.

Eighth Amendment
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted

Which could have gotten the whole case thrown out on appeal- and that would have been after The AG seized his properties- to which he could then sue and win possibly billions from the state of NY.

Much easier to lower the bond…
Isn't that in effect before you stand trial? So as not to imprison someone who is innocent until proven guilty? In this case the trial has already happened, and judgement already made.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic