I don’t think we’ve talked about the death penalty in a while… are you ok with it, or fully against it?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Fully against it.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fully against. Not a deterrent. Barbaric. Not equally applied. Too much human error and bias.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Depends on the circumstances and the person facing that penalty.
just an old coot 😉🌵
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm against it. There have been too many people found wrongfully accused to justify a "punishment" that you can't take back.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Against.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm against the death penalty as it is now. It's expensive, it takes far too long, and I feel the process is cruel and unusual punishment. It would have to be a truly evil man to warrant the death penalty.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m neither for or against the concept. I’m against how it’s implemented in real life. It obviously doesn’t do much as a deterrent to crime, so we should stop considering that a factor. And it shouldn’t be a possibility on a type of crime basis, it should be a very individual assessment, and the law currently doesn’t work like that. Plus, in a flawed justice system- because we’re human, we can’t have a perfect one- where there are many cases of guilty people going free and innocent people being wrongly convicted, I think the risk of killing an innocent person isn’t worth it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fully against.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am against it, the process is very expensive and really doesn’t save the costs of keeping someone in prison. Studies show that it doesn’t deter crime anymore than life in prison. There are far too many problems with our criminal justice system and too many people are exonerated and found innocent decades later to responsibly implement a permanent punishment. Plus our current methods of execution are not shown to guarantee a humane death. The only alternative I could possibly consider being supportive of is for certain crimes, if otherwise facing life in prison, the incarcerated could opt for euthanasia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic