I think I might vote for Trump

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just curious - question to those saying they may vote for DT: do you not worry about losing the right to control reproductive choices for yourself and your daughters?

The well publicized Project 2025 Plan makes it clear a future GOP administration plans to criminalize abortion and curtail access to birth control and all sexual health education.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:39 pm Just curious - question to those saying they may vote for DT: do you not worry about losing the right to control reproductive choices for yourself and your daughters?

The well publicized Project 2025 Plan makes it clear a future GOP administration plans to criminalize abortion and curtail access to birth control and all sexual health education.
Just my two cents but I think many people (not just women) don't think outside their immediate personal sphere of reference. Using abortion as an example, many will say that there is no situation that I would have an abortion, I can't imagine a situation where my daughter would have an abortion, and if needed and was unavailable, I have the resources to travel elsewhere. While polled, they might say that yes, they agree that women should have the right to choose but when it comes to voting, they may prefer something that they feel directly impacts them personally like lower gas prices.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:07 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:52 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am

What do you feel is our current status quo?
The state in which Trumpism has become a normal. I believe his policies will fail spectacularly, leading to a revisioned government that's for the people .
It's way harder to recover from spectacular failure than to pivot while you are still standing. The new AIs and the end of labor will be a shakeup that changes everything, they will force us confront and rebuild our definitions of the obligations of citizen and government. I'd way rather have that shakeup in the context of a free and open democratic republic than under the control of fascists.
I believe that is what it's going to take. The Trump supporters are going to have to deal with the consequences of their actions.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:29 am Not because I think he's going to do well by the country, but because I think America needs to shake up the status quo.

I believe American Democracy is strong enough to survive.

Thoughts? 🤔
The state in which Trumpism has become a normal. I believe his policies will fail spectacularly, leading to a revisioned government that's for the people .
No U.S. president has been perfect but if one fails while in office, the voting citizens go down with them too.

There's no true out from that.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:41 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:32 pm Imagine voting for someone who isn't allowed to run an ice cream stand in New York to be our country's leader.
As opposed to someone who was declared mentally unable to stand trial for his crimes? We need someone new! They are both terrible choices.
Biden was never declared mentally unable to stand trial. That’s a false Facebook claim that was taken completely out of context based on one line in a 400 page report written by someone who has no actual ability nor training to declare someone unfit to stand trial. That trial was about whether or not he improperly stored classified documents, something Trump has actively under trial of purposefully doing. I don’t have an issue with criticism toward Biden but I would like it to be factual.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:32 pm

No U.S. president has been perfect but if one fails while in office, the voting citizens go down with them too.

You had better hope the foundations of democracy hold.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:06 pm

From your scope, if those foundations fail, what then?

Why not just vote for Biden if you're so opposed to Trump?
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:46 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:32 pm Imagine voting for someone who isn't allowed to run an ice cream stand in New York to be our country's leader.
As opposed to someone who was declared mentally unable to stand trial for his crimes? We need someone new! They are both terrible choices.
Biden was never declared mentally unable to stand trial. That’s a false Facebook claim that was taken completely out of context based on one line in a 400 page report written by someone who has no actual ability nor training to declare someone unfit to stand trial. That trial was about whether or not he improperly stored classified documents, something Trump has actively under trial of purposefully doing. I don’t have an issue with criticism toward Biden but I would like it to be factual.
Except I didn't get that information from fb I got it from the news.
Nor do I believe we should excuse the crimes of one president because another did it too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:33 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:06 pm

From your scope, if those foundations fail, what then?

Why not just vote for Biden if you're so opposed to Trump?
It would be rocky for a while trying to get back to a government that functions. Rebuilding it hopefully with renewed vision on what doesn't work.

Because I'm not unrealistic. Biden is more of the same we've experienced for the last forty or so years. Trump is willing to shake it all up and see what falls out. He's willing to open the Pandora's box that is America's soul.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:46 pm
Did it say he was an elderly man with diminished capacities?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic