I dont see a way out of this . I feel a panic attack coming.

Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm trying to control my breathing so I dont have a panic attack.I feel like I'm going to lose it.

I booked and paid for a cruise for my kids for spring break week.I went all out and got a spa balcony room for the first time,I prepaid the gratuities, bought the wifi package etc.I went and got dd state id a few weeks ago it was delivered in the mail last week.The DMV mispelled her name! IDK how that happened but they added an H at the end of her name. It will clash with her birth certificate so last week we spent all day at the DMV to correct it.They said they will mail a new I.D in 2 weeks and we got the interim i.d but the interim i.d says its not for identification and doesnt have a picture on it!

I called Carnival and they said the paper i.d wont work nor will take her school i.d because she just turned 19. The interim isnt good because there is no picture on it.

So Im pretty much screwed. I went online and made an emergency passport appointment in L.A but I was just told they need a valid state i.d and we cant apply for one without it.

So were screwed! Ive been making calls and crying all day.I spent $2600 on this cruise.I wanted it to be special for dd I booked a massage and a pedicure for her.

So our only option is to forfeit the cruise entirely and lose the $2600 to stay with dd OR I told her she can stay behind by herself and I'll book her 2 day tickets to Disneyland along with a hotel room and she can catch ubers to and from the park.That gives me through the roof anxiety! As you all know Dd19 is autistic yes its mild and she's very well spoken and verbal but Im just very worried . She told me she will be fine and she can handle it but I'm still scared.I told her she can order uber eats for meals on her non park days and eat in the parks.The cruise is 4 nights.

Im usually very cheap with money but dd's safety is paramount to me so the hotel i book will be feet away from the parks so well over $300 a night ...plus the tickets and food . . DD staying behind will cost me close to 2k.

Im hoping and praying for a miracle that they will let dd on the ship but worst case scenario and she stays behind anything else im missing for DD? Im not booking anything until the day of the cruise in case she gets on if they say no the plan is to go back to the car ,book the hotel,tickets,drive to the hotel to check her in than me and ds go back to the cruise to board.Ill send dd money thru zelle to her debit card for food/souvenirs.

I dont want to have to leave DD behind! Its not the money its my anxiety thinking something may happen to her and I wont be there.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would try calling your Congress person's office. They can often help with contituents problems, or point you to some who can help. They don't need the long version of the story, just that the DMV misspelled her name on State ID and you need it corrected in time for the departure date.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:35 pm I would try calling your Congress person's office. They can often help with contituents problems, or point you to some who can help. They don't need the long version of the story, just that the DMV misspelled her name on State ID and you need it corrected in time for the departure date.
I will try that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Will they take the misspelled ID along with the interm one as proof there was an error? I didn't know you needed a birth certificate as an adult to get on a cruise but I've never been on one either.
Next time make sure you take care of things like Id asap. I got my son a state id at 15 just in case he ever needed it and because he's so big and looks older so occasionally people question his age.
I hope it works out for you. You're a nice mom to still be paying for your 19 year Olds vacations.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:55 pm Will they take the misspelled ID along with the interm one as proof there was an error? I didn't know you needed a birth certificate as an adult to get on a cruise but I've never been on one either.
Next time make sure you take care of things like Id asap. I got my son a state id at 15 just in case he ever needed it and because he's so big and looks older so occasionally people question his age.
I hope it works out for you. You're a nice mom to still be paying for your 19 year Olds vacations.
I asked them if they will take it and Carnival told me no than they put me on hold and said they dont think so but I can try they said its up to the u.s embassy to let us on the ship or not. Im hoping and praying that the i.d comes in the mail early.

I thought I had plenty of time I didnt anticipate them mispelling her name when I saw it I tried to correct it immediately but its appointment only and the next appointment was weeks away.I went in on Walk In Wednesday and we spent the whole day there.I thought the interim would work but it was later I learned that it wouldnt because there is no photo on it.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I vastly underestimated the hotel costs .Holy crap.The rooms during spring break week are $400+ a night for the hotels near the parks. Im looking at candycane inn for dd it says 5 minute walk ,breakfast served which is null and void ...Dd sleeps in late everyday she's not waking up for breakfast. She knows how to get her disability pass for the lines.

This is going to cost me so much money but this is my fault I should have got her i.d months ago.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why would you pay for all that when you can’t afford housing? Honest question, I think you really need to get with a financial counselor.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Always something with you.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Didn’t they have you check everything was spelt correctly? Does Nevada not have digital IDs? The paper ones we have look pretty much like a front and back copy of your ID, so includes photo. When I had to replace my license, because I know the paper doesn’t have to be accepted, I set up the mobile ID app so I’d have a legal ID until my license came in the mail. Idk which states have mobile ID available but it sure is convenient.

ETA: NM over mobile just looked, I guess it’s only available in a few states and Nevada isn’t one of them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:31 pm I vastly underestimated the hotel costs .Holy crap.The rooms during spring break week are $400+ a night for the hotels near the parks. Im looking at candycane inn for dd it says 5 minute walk ,breakfast served which is null and void ...Dd sleeps in late everyday she's not waking up for breakfast. She knows how to get her disability pass for the lines.

This is going to cost me so much money but this is my fault I should have got her i.d months ago.
No way would I be doing that. I would have told my 19 year old hey you need to get yourself an ID for this cruise and put that on her. You aren't doing her any favors by babying her and doing everything for her. She's 19 not 5 and she's a college student she could have handled getting an ID all by herself.
I wouldn't pay that much for a hotel either. If she can't handle staying further away and taking hotel transportation to and from the park she shouldn't be going alone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic