Could you ever date a man that had once dated your daughter?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:06 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 am f**k no. I wouldn't even date a dude that broke up with my sister, or my friend. If someone has ever dated someone I know/knew well or someone I consider family then that's a giant F***ing red flag and I'm not dating them. Point blank. Just EW.
I can't see dating daughter's ex, but, a friend's? If they are okay with it? I have dated some guys who also dated some friends and vice versa and it wasn't EW. Men don't come sealed for my protection; I've dated men who dated other women before me, who cares if it was a friend? I mean, how is it gross?
That's you and your opinion and if that works for YOU then go date all your friend's exes you want. MY personal opinion is that it's a big red flag for drama and a line that I won't cross and MY personal opinion applies to MY relationships. You can do whatever the f**k you want.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Trashy
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:19 am f**k no. I wouldn't even date a dude that broke up with my sister, or my friend. If someone has ever dated someone I know/knew well or someone I consider family then that's a giant F***ing red flag and I'm not dating them. Point blank. Just EW.
I can't see dating daughter's ex, but, a friend's? If they are okay with it? I have dated some guys who also dated some friends and vice versa and it wasn't EW. Men don't sealed for my protection; I've dated men who dated other women before me, who cares if it was a friend? I mean, how is it gross?
Small town?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:00 pm
I can't see dating daughter's ex, but, a friend's? If they are okay with it? I have dated some guys who also dated some friends and vice versa and it wasn't EW. Men don't come sealed for my protection; I've dated men who dated other women before me, who cares if it was a friend? I mean, how is it gross?
That's you and your opinion and if that works for YOU then go date all your friend's exes you want. MY personal opinion is that it's a big red flag for drama and a line that I won't cross and MY personal opinion applies to MY relationships. You can do whatever the f**k you want.
I agree with you. I had a friend who dated my ex, we are no longer friends Their relationship was a absolute cluster, and I got blamed for how bad it was, and I got blamed for him using her. Turns out he was only dating her to be around me and to try and get back together. But you know that is all my fault. It was way too much drama for me.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If your relationships are that fragile, do what you need. But even a red flag isn't EW. You make it sound like incest. It's not.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:05 am
I can't see dating daughter's ex, but, a friend's? If they are okay with it? I have dated some guys who also dated some friends and vice versa and it wasn't EW. Men don't sealed for my protection; I've dated men who dated other women before me, who cares if it was a friend? I mean, how is it gross?
Small town?
Not that small, but a year after I left my ex, me and a new friend from school ran into him. Afterwards, my friend said she might be interested. When I said that might make me a little jealous, she thought that was ridiculous...I broke up with him a long time ago and had no plans to get him back, so what should it matter? I decided she was right and I was just being childish. I grew up and said, have fun. They dated briefly but it ended amicably when she moved. No EW.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:47 am

I agree with you. I had a friend who dated my ex, we are no longer friends Their relationship was a absolute cluster, and I got blamed for how bad it was, and I got blamed for him using her. Turns out he was only dating her to be around me and to try and get back together. But you know that is all my fault. It was way too much drama for me.
I mean, that’s kind of a situational thing, it isn’t automatically drama. I actually met my husband through his ex, who we were mutual friends with. They didn’t have a messy breakup, they saw that they didn’t have a future together and weren’t the right people for each other, but still enjoyed each others company as friends. She’s still friends with us and loves taking credit for introducing us.

I’m not saying it’s something you should have to be comfortable with doing, people get to decide their own boundaries and there isn’t a right or wrong answer, but it isn’t automatically a shit show.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:34 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:47 am

I mean, that’s kind of a situational thing, it isn’t automatically drama. I actually met my husband through his ex, who we were mutual friends with. They didn’t have a messy breakup, they saw that they didn’t have a future together and weren’t the right people for each other, but still enjoyed each others company as friends. She’s still friends with us and loves taking credit for introducing us.

I’m not saying it’s something you should have to be comfortable with doing, people get to decide their own boundaries and there isn’t a right or wrong answer, but it isn’t automatically a shit show.
You are correct and it is a situational thing. But I agree with Bacon in that for me I have seen way too much drama when it comes to things like this.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:09 am

If your relationships are that fragile, do what you need. But even a red flag isn't EW. You make it sound like incest. It's not.
I won't date smokers either or people with bad hygiene and think that's "Ew" as well,.....it comes down to personal preference. I'm not sure how you got "incest" out of that but if that's where your mind goes that speaks more to your relationships than my own.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Same. Have some respect, WTH.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic