Rachel Dolezal fired from Arizona teaching job due to OnlyFans account

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Rachel Dolezal, a former teacher at the Catalina Foothills School District in Tucson, Arizona was terminated on Tuesday after the district found out about the adult content she promoted on social media.

Dolezal, who changed her legal name to Nkechi Diallo in 2016, was a former NAACP leader in Spokane, Washington, who faced national controversy for claiming to be Black despite being born to white parents.

Diallo's Instagram page contained a link to her OnlyFans account and employers said they deemed it contrary to the district's social media policy.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 607225007/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't give two figs about her activities outside of work as long as they don't impact the children directly.

I can only imagine some of the things my teachers might have been involved in, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I honestly feel a little bad for her, I know she fog her own grave but she can't seem to catch a break. It's not like she's a criminal.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:47 pm I honestly feel a little bad for her, I know she fog her own grave but she can't seem to catch a break. It's not like she's a criminal.
I agree. Her past is a separate topic IMHO. She did create this situation for herself as far as her reputation but I am questioning if teachers should be fired over internet activity outside of work.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:04 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:47 pm I honestly feel a little bad for her, I know she fog her own grave but she can't seem to catch a break. It's not like she's a criminal.
I agree. Her past is a separate topic IMHO. She did create this situation for herself as far as her reputation but I am questioning if teachers should be fired over internet activity outside of work.
I don't think so. If the kids get a hold if it, that's on the parents. Teachers are allowed to have private lives (and if they aren't paid enough so they feel they have to resort to something like this, well, that's a topic for another day).

Also I just now saw my typo (fog, should have been dug, obviously), but not changing it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No one should be fired for legal activities they conduct on their personal time. However, Dolezal was pretty stupid to link to her OnlyFans account in her Instagram.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Teachers do not get paid enough. It’s rough out here for us 🥲

I cannot blame a teacher for turning to other legal work, even if it’s OnlyFans. I really can’t. However it’s going to most likely result in that teacher being fired. It’s a bit annoying that there’s an unwritten morality clause for teachers. I mean I’ve heard of parents, in my district, being up in arms because a teacher bartends after school. Maybe if we were paid adequately we wouldn’t have to 🤷🏽‍♀️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:36 pm Teachers do not get paid enough. It’s rough out here for us 🥲

I cannot blame a teacher for turning to other legal work, even if it’s OnlyFans. I really can’t. However it’s going to most likely result in that teacher being fired. It’s a bit annoying that there’s an unwritten morality clause for teachers. I mean I’ve heard of parents, in my district, being up in arms because a teacher bartends after school. Maybe if we were paid adequately we wouldn’t have to 🤷🏽‍♀️
I used to pick up wine or beer from the store for a teacher friend because she didn't want any kids, parents, or other school personnel to see her purchasing booze.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:39 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:36 pm Teachers do not get paid enough. It’s rough out here for us 🥲

I used to pick up wine or beer from the store for a teacher friend because she didn't want any kids, parents, or other school personnel to see her purchasing booze.

I believe it.
I live in the same neighborhood that I teach in, so I see students nearly every time I go shopping. I’m always hoping there’s no students/parents judging what’s in my cart.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:39 pm I don't give two figs about her activities outside of work as long as they don't impact the children directly.

I can only imagine some of the things my teachers might have been involved in, lol.
It isn't uncommon for certain professions to have a line in their contracts something similar to:

Avoid doing anything which could make the public doubt the motives or integrity of a member of staff of the school or bring the school into disrepute.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic