Valentine's Day/Husband question

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My DH has never gotten his kids anything.

This year I got my 5 year old a small stuffed dog and a small box of chocolates. I don't know why but I just never thought to get my kids anything before.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My husband never would do that. He always bought for all the kids.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

We don't really do valentine's day. I never really liked the idea of showing love because the calendar says so and once I miscarried my first baby who should have been born on valentine's day I really had no desire to celebrate it.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it's nice and a good thing he does that. Conversely, he may want to teach his sons how to treat a woman well by having your sons get you a V giftšŸ˜‰
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, we give the same gifts to all of the kids. We donā€™t make assumptions that our daughters are going to have a ā€œman in their lifeā€ and donā€™t teach them that gift giving means being treated well. Weā€™re both of the opinion that our response to one of our kids if they are being treated differently than their sibling will never be ā€œbecause youā€™re a boy/girl.ā€
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

What a very sweet gesture your husband makes, OP!
just an old coot šŸ˜‰šŸŒµ
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband did buy my daughter a Valentineā€™s Day present, but does not buy the boys one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic