Cooking/eating anything special for Valentine’s Day?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know historically, some posters loathe this “Hallmark Holiday” so I will preface this — this is just meant to be a chit chatty post.

Just curious if anyone is planning a special or romantic meal? I am usually all about a special surf & turf but IDK, this year, maybe something different.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Cooking a romantic meal for me, myself, and I? Nope.

But I love Valentine's Day! Already working on decorations and menu for my food truck so I'm not just a romantic curmudgeon, lol. I think it's super fun to think about food and experience as an adventure into romance than any other food or experience adventure. Valentine's Day just enables us to do that in a way that Flag Day just doesn't, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I haven't decided yet. It's just me and the kids this year. Hubby is away for work. I'll video call him like I usually do when he's traveling for work.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nothing really.

Dh has to work until 8, but he usually has a box of chocolates for me, and one for each kid when he gets home.

It’s our anniversary the day after tomorrow so we’ll do something then.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My hubby has an eye appointment, and I have a nail appointment tomorrow, so nope.

We do date night at least once a month if not twice, so we are always out. Further, his birthday is the 24th of February, so we already have reservations.

Now hit me on the 15th when I buy up all that left over half priced chocolate. LOL
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope. I have to work until 7:45, head to church and pick up the kid from youth at 9. That means, cooking late..I decided that I am going to make a taco casserole and reheat it when we get home. :-)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We moderately celebrate Valentine’s Day. We don’t do any special outings, but will give each other some kind of small gift and a thoughtful note. I got my husband a book I think he’ll like. It’s my husbands night to cook, he’s making tuna steaks with some kind of mango coconut sauce and this kale/chickpea/sweet potato salad. He’s not making it for valentines, it’s just what he was going to cook that night and he usually makes Wednesday dinners. I’m looking forward to it though, I love the dressing that he makes for the salad. A couple of my kids wanted to make strawberry crepes, so we’ll have those as a special after school snack.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don't know yet. I have these little heart shaped pans I want to use. So I'm thinking to either make heart shaped biscuits or heart shaped mini meat loaves. Mini heart pizzas? I'll decide how I want to use them tomorrow.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Idk…we have church tomorrow night, and we normally do something quick for dinner on Wednesdays.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We're pretty much doing what we've been doing the last 28 Valentine's Days together, shopping and lunch somewhere. Usually our favorite Gyro spot. Nothing fancy but we enjoy it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic