I’m old 😭

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Not really but I feel like I am. Bc I downloaded a dating app and it was showing me guys that are 40-45. (Which is actually totally appropriate for my age) And as I’m sitting there swiping I think to myself, why are they all so old? Then it hits me. Oh yeah, bc I’m old. 😭😆
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I remember that age group....40-45....from over ten years ago.

But I totally get where you're coming from.

Just remember-you're never getting older but only better. 😌
just an old coot 😉🌵
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:30 pm Not really but I feel like I am. Bc I downloaded a dating app and it was showing me guys that are 40-45. (Which is actually totally appropriate for my age) And as I’m sitting there swiping I think to myself, why are they all so old? Then it hits me. Oh yeah, bc I’m old. 😭😆
I hear you! I joined an online dating site 1st of the year. “Silver Singles”. Enough said. Cancelled membership February 1st.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Too Old For This %^&
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Me too. Look at my username. I have 35 months til retirement and I am tired. Ready to have days to myself and my husband. I did meet my husband, love of my life, best person on planet Earth, on OKCupid 8 years ago, at age 51, so I think getting older is amazing. And I have never had grey hair, all natural brown, which is crazy. So IDK, I am just loving my life now and I want others to know.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It's all downhill from 21. I'm in my 40s and feel like I'm 1000 years old.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Embrace it. I'm 50 and wouldn't be young again even if it was possible.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:44 am Embrace it. I'm 50 and wouldn't be young again even if it was possible.
I’m 37 and while I wouldn’t go back, I haven’t dated since my early 20s. Seeing 40s pop up, idk I guess it caught me off guard lol
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I get it. I sometimes have to backtrack a bit when I see someone who looks really roughed up and find out they're my age LOL.

Dating for women over 40 isn't for the weak of heart. I stopped trying after a few different dudes because they all seem to be looking for a bang maid or someone to play mommy to his kids during his weekends so he can go back to being useless. I also lost count of the dick picks and DM's from dudes saying I'm wasting everyone's time because I'm a roastie past my prime.

I've embraced my age.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I feel you — sort of, I see all these people in the hospital having heart issues with birth years around my own & hubby’s and think, “wow, why so many young people with heart problems?” And the I have to remind myself, “umm, but are they really that young?” I feel younger than I am, lol.

I mean, and then there is that Miley Cyrus song — “I used to be young” and I am like “B****, we still are young, get outta here with that…what happened to it being all about the climb” LOL
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I was walking around town earlier because I sold my car and was stranded and I ended up walking through the college campus. The moment I realized I'm the parent of a student there and how old my parents seemed when I was in college hit hard. I rarely feel old but at that moment I certainly did.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic