Would you have been upset?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A student brought a diamond ring to school. He tried to give it to a little girl. I saw it and immediately called his mom. She didn’t answer so I called his dad. Dad answered and asked me to hold onto it. He would come get it. I told him I was uncomfortable having the ring in my room and I would take it to be locked up in the front. They have a safe, I don’t. Many people have keys to my room. I called my principal and she had me bring it up. We then actually FaceTimed with him so he could see us put the ring in the safe.

Well, the kid rode the bus home, we held onto the ring and they didn’t come and get it before school let out. They were upset because the people with the combo to the safe had left for the day. It was more than an hour after school. I was leaving late because I had an event near by. The father wanted me to call our admin back.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Would I been upset that I couldn’t get it after school hours? No, not unless I specifically arranged to pick it up at agreed upon time. I would definitely be upset that my kid took my valuable jewelry and tried to give it away, though. How upset would depend on how old the kid was.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:33 pm Would I been upset that I couldn’t get it after school hours? No, not unless I specifically arranged to pick it up at agreed upon time. I would definitely be upset that my kid took my valuable jewelry and tried to give it away, though. How upset would depend on how old the kid was.
9. We told him the people with the code left at a specific time and it is a two person system so it had to be before a specific time.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Like would I be upset at the school? Not at all, unless I'd arranged to pick it up at a particular time and they weren't there, but that doesn't sound like what happened here.

I would be upset that my kid took expensive jewelry and was handing it around though. The exact degree of upset would depend on the age of the kid, but generally, if he's old enough to know better, he would get into a lot of trouble for doing that.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

No not at all. I'd be happy that the school called to let me know and made sure the diamond was safe until I picked it up. I wouldn't be mad because someone with the key isn't there. I'd just come back later.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Sure I'd be upset, but not at the school or staff. I hope that I'd be able to rein it in so as not to make others feel uncomfortable. The scowl on my face is just me trying to work out a script for when I get home.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'd be upset with my kid. Id be thankful the school took it seriously and it was safe.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’d be thrilled the school contacted me, and even more pleased that the teacher took the initiative to keep the ring safe.

On the flip side I’d be amused with my child. Reason being—my son in kindergarten asked for, didn’t take my wedding ring. Why did he ask? He wanted to propose to his favorite girl who was a friend. On the flip side with that, I’d have serious discussion about peoples possessions and what is not to be taken to school.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’d be thrilled the school contacted me, and even more pleased that the teacher took the initiative to keep the ring safe.

On the flip side I’d be amused with my child. Reason being—my son in kindergarten asked for, didn’t take my wedding ring. Why did he ask? He wanted to propose to his favorite girl who was a friend. On the flip side with that, I’d have serious discussion about peoples possessions and what is not to be taken to school.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic