Question UPDATED with diagnosis.

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s a benign tumor of the parotid salivary gland!
Attachments
IMG_5351.jpeg
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This happened to my son-in-law. They were able to use non-invasive procedures to get it to break down and be absorbed: hot compresses, massage, hydration.

When removal is indicated it is most commonly a minor procedure.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:17 pm This happened to my son-in-law. They were able to use non-invasive procedures to get it to break down and be absorbed: hot compresses, massage, hydration.

Thank you! This is stressing me out. Lumps and that
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:20 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:17 pm This happened to my son-in-law. They were able to use non-invasive procedures to get it to break down and be absorbed: hot compresses, massage, hydration.

Thank you! This is stressing me out. Lumps and that
Always good to get any lumps examined right away. But salivary stones are not uncommon.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s definitely swollen, but don’t panic. It’s probably something that can be taken care of with warm compresses and *maybe* some antibiotics/medication
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:39 pm It’s definitely swollen, but don’t panic. It’s probably something that can be taken care of with warm compresses and *maybe* some antibiotics/medication
Thank you. I already took a round of antibiotics. My doctor gave me another round yesterday to be on the safe side.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have no clue if this would be considered a similar thing, but I had a swollen lymph node behind my ear and it was from a scab thing I kept picking on my head! It was crazy and my fault but I was really scared about this swollen bump. I just had to leave the scab alone and let it heal.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:17 pm I have no clue if this would be considered a similar thing, but I had a swollen lymph node behind my ear and it was from a scab thing I kept picking on my head! It was crazy and my fault but I was really scared about this swollen bump. I just had to leave the scab alone and let it heal.
That’s what they thought it was - a swollen lymph node. But, I’ve had a round of antibiotics and another one in the process. It’s not touched it. They think it’s from dehydration. When you’re dehydrated, your saliva thickens and little stones can developed. One of those stones clogged the salviary gland and everything just gets all blocked up.

That’s what she thinks. It could also be lymphoma which is what scares me most.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hope it clears up and is nothing serious! I hate things like this! I am going through this with my blood results and the internet literally said I could have 6 months to live! WTF?
mater-three wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:15 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:17 pm I have no clue if this would be considered a similar thing, but I had a swollen lymph node behind my ear and it was from a scab thing I kept picking on my head! It was crazy and my fault but I was really scared about this swollen bump. I just had to leave the scab alone and let it heal.
That’s what they thought it was - a swollen lymph node. But, I’ve had a round of antibiotics and another one in the process. It’s not touched it. They think it’s from dehydration. When you’re dehydrated, your saliva thickens and little stones can developed. One of those stones clogged the salviary gland and everything just gets all blocked up.

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:52 pm I hope it clears up and is nothing serious! I hate things like this! I am going through this with my blood results and the internet literally said I could have 6 months to live! WTF?
mater-three wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:15 pm

I try to avoid Google searches because I don’t want to be scared into 6 months to live or whatever
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic