Who has a nose piercing?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:09 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:48 am

Too late, nor did I ask your opinion on it. Just looking for advice on how to get the boogies out while it's healing. I figured it out
Glad you got your booger problem sorted. Hopefully you look young and hip now.
I always looked young and hip. Maybe now people will know I'm a bitch at first appearance and stop acting shocked when I say "f**k" in casual conversation.
You got a nose piercing to look meaner?
Do you have any studded leather clothing?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldGal66 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:15 am At 57, I'd still like a little stud piercing on my nose but with a grandson who likes to touch all parts of my face and head, which includes pulling at those parts, smart money tells me not to.

As for the boogery issue, gentle use of a Qtip maybe?
The issue with Q-tips is the fibers can stick...so it's advised to use a q-tip drenched in saline spray and use carefully. Unfortunately with my piercing the q-tip trick did not work and just pushed the booger further back. I figured it out though with a rounded metal pick and a scooping motion to get it to the middle(septum) and out
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:20 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:14 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:09 am

Glad you got your booger problem sorted. Hopefully you look young and hip now.
I always looked young and hip. Maybe now people will know I'm a bitch at first appearance and stop acting shocked when I say "f**k" in casual conversation.
You got a nose piercing to look meaner?
Do you have any studded leather clothing?
Of course not. I got a nose piercing because I thought it looked cute. I had bought some fake studs and rings for my youngest to try out because they had expressed an interest in getting a nose/lip piercing and that interest fizzled. I stumbled upon the fake studs while cleaning and decided to try it out "just to see" and I F***ing liked it. Wore the fakes for 3 months and decided to make it permanent.
I wouldn't say the piercing makes me look "meaner" but definitely less approachable by random Mormons or SDA's in the neighborhood trying to invite me to church while I'm walking my dog or checking my mail. I guess the gay flags in the living room window weren't enough of a hint that their religious beliefs aren't really my jam.
Nothing
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Im sorry but this post really made me laugh i had my nose done with a hoop i have never had a booger problem with it
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nothing wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:48 am Im sorry but this post really made me laugh i had my nose done with a hoop i have never had a booger problem with it
They pierced with a hoop? That doesn't sound safe...(can you imagine it snagging)..I'm switching to a hoop after my nose heals but that's 4 months down the line.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Glad you got it worked out. Could you use something like the navage thing they advertise? Or is the suction not gentle enough with the piercing? I’ve thought about getting one just because I have a lot of sinus issues.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:17 pm Glad you got it worked out. Could you use something like the navage thing they advertise? Or is the suction not gentle enough with the piercing? I’ve thought about getting one just because I have a lot of sinus issues.
A piercing or a navage? I'm not sure the navage would have helped since the saline I am using is in a pressurized can. I haven't had an issue since so I'm thinking it was because of the swelling and only being 3 days into the piercing.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:46 am You are way too old for a nose piercing.
No she isn't. I've had mine almost 20 years.

Bacon: sadly I can't remember having issue with booger buildup. Never used the spray saline stuff. Would just make a saltwater rinse, and use a q-tip to clean. Also prefer the bioplast post. The bone and L shaped one's never want to stay in for me.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:01 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:17 pm Glad you got it worked out. Could you use something like the navage thing they advertise? Or is the suction not gentle enough with the piercing? I’ve thought about getting one just because I have a lot of sinus issues.
A piercing or a navage? I'm not sure the navage would have helped since the saline I am using is in a pressurized can. I haven't had an issue since so I'm thinking it was because of the swelling and only being 3 days into the piercing.
The navage. I think the nasal piercings are cute but have chronic nose bleeds. My dd did say yesterday that she had similar issues the first few days due to swelling but she really hadn’t had any issues since.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:46 am You are way too old for a nose piercing.
No she isn't. I've had mine almost 20 years.

Bacon: sadly I can't remember having issue with booger buildup. Never used the spray saline stuff. Would just make a saltwater rinse, and use a q-tip to clean. Also prefer the bioplast post. The bone and L shaped one's never want to stay in for me.
They started me out on flat back threadless titanium for my posts, so very similar to the bioplast. I've been cheating and using the saline spray on a q-tip and using that as well for between the piercings, which my piercer said was fine as long as I'm careful and make sure no fibers are left by the q-tip. I've got about another month of healing and then I'll be able to get shorter posts. It's only been 2 weeks but they're healing quite nicely. The front piercing has almost no swelling anymore. The back piercing has a slight bump from where it went through the thicker cartilage but only on the inside of my nose and it's steadily decreasing. And again, haven't had a booger issue since the first couple of days when I posted this but there was clearly more swelling at the time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic