Who has a nose piercing?

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Can we talk about the boogers that build up behind the piercing when it's newly pierced? Like damn! I've been using the Saline and there's no new blood or crusties and it's healing fine but damn did I have a booger like those gross dry green ones that toddlers get.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I always wondered how people dealt with blowing their noses when they have a nose piercing. Seems like it would be a problem when you had to blow your nose.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:20 am I always wondered how people dealt with blowing their noses when they have a nose piercing. Seems like it would be a problem when you had to blow your nose.
I use a saline spray to clean the piercing and clean out the nose (blow gently while spraying) and it works pretty well but I apparently had some more swelling than I thought from the first couple days (makes sense) and there was some crud that got stuck behind the piercings and nasal tissue. I got it by using saline to soften it and then using a pick to gently maneuver it around the piercing (also pushed the piercing up a little) but damn it was huge.

I go in to get smaller posts put on in about a month (The first posts are always a little longer to accommodate the swelling) So I think it'll be less of an issue. Right now the posts reach all the way through and brush my septum
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You are way too old for a nose piercing.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ve always wanted one, but your post has got me rethinking that. Lol
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:46 am You are way too old for a nose piercing.
Too late, nor did I ask your opinion on it. Just looking for advice on how to get the boogies out while it's healing. I figured it out
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:37 am I’ve always wanted one, but your post has got me rethinking that. Lol
If you want it, do it. It didn't hurt much at all. I probably just got a slight booger build up because I got a double piercing on one side
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:46 am You are way too old for a nose piercing.
Too late, nor did I ask your opinion on it. Just looking for advice on how to get the boogies out while it's healing. I figured it out
Glad you got your booger problem sorted. Hopefully you look young and hip now.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:09 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:48 am
Glad you got your booger problem sorted. Hopefully you look young and hip now.
I always looked young and hip. Maybe now people will know I'm a bitch at first appearance and stop acting shocked when I say "f**k" in casual conversation.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

At 57, I'd still like a little stud piercing on my nose but with a grandson who likes to touch all parts of my face and head, which includes pulling at those parts, smart money tells me not to.

As for the boogery issue, gentle use of a Qtip maybe?
just an old coot 😉🌵
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic