Bathroom cabinet

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm re-doing my powder room and want more storage. The cabinet I had above the toilet was about 24 inches wide by 28 inches tall, and it's way too small. But seems like taller above-toilet cabinets aren't really made. I don't have the option to go much wider because it would block the vent. I found this, but I'm wondering if it will look stupid. It's over 50 inches tall. I know I will have to grab the stool to reach the top shelf if I get this one, which doesn't bother me. Just worried if it will look bad. What do you think?
Besta Ikea.PNG
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So this would go above the toilet and reach basically all the way to the ceiling? I think as long as it works with the rest of the decor in the room then it would be fine.

Are you willing to share a pic of your actual bathroom? It might help visualize the whole thing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:56 pm So this would go above the toilet and reach basically all the way to the ceiling? I think as long as it works with the rest of the decor in the room then it would be fine.

Are you willing to share a pic of your actual bathroom? It might help visualize the whole thing.
Well my bathroom is emptied out right now lol. I tore everything out yesterday. But yes, the cabinet would come pretty close to the ceiling. And there would be about 10 inches or so between the bottom of the cabinet and the top of the toilet.

Its a pretty small, narrow powder room, with toilet on one end and vanity on the other. Door in the middle. I'm thinking about this in white with gray/white marble top for the vanity, but not completely decided yet.
vanity.PNG
If I did that, I think I would have to paint the above-toilet cabinet white to match, instead of the black color, but keep the wood veneer doors.

I think the wall color I'm going to go with is the sea salt green Sherwin Williams color, or something similar. Haven't decided between dark/black or nickel colored hardware (for light, faucet, etc).

Opinions on any of this? It's just coming together in my head today, so I'm not sure yet. I tore it all up before I had the plan to put it back together :)
20240115_144115.jpg
20240115_144110.jpg
Sherwin-Williams-Sea-Salt-Paint-Color-guide.jpg
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the cabinet would fit with that color.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

We have sea salt painted all downstairs. The white vanity would go beautifully and we have wooden accents throughout like the cabinet you posted. You don't have to paint that black. Don't do that. And that sort of chevron pattern on the cabinet is awesome. All of it will work.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Love the paint color, and the vanity is very nice. Just a suggestion, I would not go with black hardware. It is very popular right now, which means it will look dated in a year or so. And everything else in the room is so much softer looking the black would really stand out. I would go with a mat finish nickel that blends with the grey in the vanity top.

If there is room on either side of the wall cabinet, I would add open shelves to fill between the gap between the cabinet sides and the adjoining wall. Just space them to go above and below the vent. You could paint the sides of the cabinet and the shelves a semi-gloss white, to match the vanity, and leave the wall behind the open shelves the wall color. This would give the cabinet a more "built in" look, and add small nooks for a candle, air freshener, or guest soaps, etc.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I love that cabinet so much! To me it has a very mid-century modern vibe and while I also love your white vanity, you may consider trying to bring MCM elements into the vanity space. Regardless what you decide, both the cabinet and vanity will be lovely with your choice of wall color!

Kind of like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Swiss-Madis ... Yi8nJ1UWkY
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks everyone for the feedback!! Really appreciate all the opinions, so much.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yup. I think everything you described would work out well in your bathroom including the ideas others have given. I actually have a somewhat similar paint color on the walls in my master bathroom and I love it. My bathroom has all white trim with the paint color and the two work very well together.

Enjoy your redesign! You'll have to share pics when you have it all done.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic