What would you think about this?

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Not weird and I would be happy to get some suggestions of what to gift.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I find the Bratz dolls a little weird but Barbie is making a resurgence. There's a trend on social media right now about younger kids being super into adult things and young adults being super into childish things. My daughter is 17 and she has recently gotten back into everything pink and Hello Kitty. I welcome it.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope, not weird at all. My 21st birthday, my parents took me pub crawling and I got porcelain dolls and animated movies as gifts. My dad found it hilarious.

My 40th birthday, my parents got me a Gorillaz wall clock, a figurine, some animated flicks and a Rick Grimes blankie.

Gone are the days of expecting people to ditch the stuff they love simply because they became an adult and now must be boring. Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:12 pm You are invited to a family member or close friends daughter's 21st bday party. On the "things she loves list" are these items: Barbie blanket, Barbie wallet, Barbie crocs, Hello Kitty, and Bratz dolls. She is not slow or delayed in any way.
Regular intelligence. Do you find this weird or no?
No. I think she knows what she likes.

If a man liked Star Wars or Warcraft things we wouldn't think he was slow or delayed.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:40 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:52 pm No not really. Barbie is really in right now and the other things are too.
Bratz dolls? You know other 21 year old women who are into Bratz dolls?
There's entire forums on Facebook and reddit for Bratz dolls. I got 3 1980s era Cabbage Patch kids for Christmas. They join the 50 or so I already have. I restore them, dress them up and make clothes for them. I'm not "collecting" them to resell or because they're going to increase in value. They just make me happy. I know hundreds of other women in their 40s who are into Cabbage patch kids. It would track that there would be 21 year olds into bratz dolls still since that was one of the toys of their childhood. My 20 year old love polly pocket.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No..it's not weird and I'm not sure why you would allude to someone liking those things as an adult as unintelligent/slow, etc..
Grown ass men like video games, Star Wars, DnD, Magic, and the like.. nobody thinks they are subpar humans for knowing what they like and may collect.
I loathe Barbie and always have, but.. due to the movie, it is HUGE for kids, tweens, teens and adult women right now. Instead of judging this poor woman, why not just get her some Barbie merch and enjoy the party?
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:12 pm You are invited to a family member or close friends daughter's 21st bday party. On the "things she loves list" are these items: Barbie blanket, Barbie wallet, Barbie crocs, Hello Kitty, and Bratz dolls. She is not slow or delayed in any way.
Regular intelligence. Do you find this weird or no?
I wouldn't think twice about it and would get something off the list.

Who am I to judge?
just an old coot 😉🌵
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not weird at all. Or at least, not any weirder than adults who are into sports team paraphernalia, MCU stuff, Star Wars stuff, a particular video game, Taylor Swift merch, etc. Not gonna catch me shaming anyone for liking what they like.
PixieLu3
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

To each their own. We like what we like, as long as it doesn't become an unhealthy obsession then you go and get your Barbie on.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not strange at all. Adulthood doesn't have to be boring and dull as dust.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic