What would you think about this?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

You are invited to a family member or close friends daughter's 21st bday party. On the "things she loves list" are these items: Barbie blanket, Barbie wallet, Barbie crocs, Hello Kitty, and Bratz dolls. She is not slow or delayed in any way.
Regular intelligence. Do you find this weird or no?
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No…
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not so different from being a sports fan and wanting team branded items.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No weirder than the Disney obsessed adults.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No not really. Barbie is really in right now and the other things are too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:34 pm No weirder than the Disney obsessed adults.
Fair point there.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:52 pm No not really. Barbie is really in right now and the other things are too.
Bratz dolls? You know other 21 year old women who are into Bratz dolls?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:40 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:52 pm No not really. Barbie is really in right now and the other things are too.
Bratz dolls? You know other 21 year old women who are into Bratz dolls?
I've known adults who were "into" Star Wars, Hello Kitty, South Park, Legos, Magic the Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, Marvel Universe, and so much more.

What difference does it make? If you are buyng someone a gift, it helps to know what they really enjoy.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. And it's silly to judge adults for liking what you see as childish things. My side of my bedroom is full of Funko Pops. Mostly Harry Potter, some Disney and some icons. My husband's side is Transformers. And neither of us care if anyone thinks we're immature or whatever word you'd use for liking those things. Some of us weren't allowed to have a childhood and are making up for it, and even if you did it's still perfectly fine to like those things as an adult.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic