Unread post

Seriously??
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 1.45.21 PM.png
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So choose another restaurant or eat at home and make your own food. It really isn't that difficult or worth a complaint.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

What even is that a shrimp salad? $50 for a salad is indeed insane.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:51 pm What even is that a shrimp salad? $50 for a salad is indeed insane.
Depends on the restaurant to be honest. For most working class people who don't eat at elite 5 star restaurants run by celebrity chefs in a tourist town, that price is indeed insane. For others it is cheap. Notice that the OP did not mention the name of the restaurant selling the salad.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would need to know more information about it, like where it’s from and what’s included. It just says CHX Salad, but it looks like shrimp. Costs have gone up, but I still wouldn’t call that a representation of the norm.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Weird that it's labeled as chicken salad but the picture is obviously shrimp.

Also, maybe this is $BBD which $50 would be the equivalent of about $20 USD which would be kind of typical for a salad with shrimp in my area.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BTW a reverse image search shows this is a shrimp salad made by a food truck called Bad CHX in Houston and the cost is actually around $12.....so f**k off troll
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:35 pm BTW a reverse image search shows this is a shrimp salad made by a food truck called Bad CHX in Houston and the cost is actually around $12.....so f**k off troll
I took a screenshot from Door Dash. I just looked up their website and yes, it's only $12 if you go in person. I didn't realize that when I posted this. But either way, that's insane. Why are they charging more than 100% more for doordash?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Also, I was looking at wings and the cheapest 5 piece wing meal I can find is $15 with no sides. $3 per wing??? Crazy!!!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:33 pm Weird that it's labeled as chicken salad but the picture is obviously shrimp.

Also, maybe this is $BBD which $50 would be the equivalent of about $20 USD which would be kind of typical for a salad with shrimp in my area.
I didn't even notice that it was shrimp pictured, I was looking for chicken. IDK what $BBD is. I'm in Texas. I called them to make sure the website was right and yes, they are charging $50 USD if you order through the app
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic