Dump the car?

Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I need yalls opinions on this.

My car is a pos. The dealership who sold it to me didn’t tell me the issues when I got it. I’ve just spent $700 oop to fix it after warranty covered $1300 worth of damage the car had. It’s gonna be another $500 oop to fix the car all the way. It’s a 2010 so it’s old and it’s around 140k in mileage.

I was walking home and thinking about since the kids take the bus, dh walks to work, and I only really need the car when I take trips to the store which is like twice per week, maybe I should just ditch the car and pocket the monthly expenses ($600) and only use Uber when I need to go somewhere far. Dh is thinking about it.

Wwyd?

Unread post

Damn! Why is the car costing you $600 a month?!
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

It sounds like you got a lemon. I usually calculate the value of the car vs. the amount of money spent in repairs. So, if the amount I'm spending to fix it ends up costing more than the vehicle's worth - sell it and use it towards something more reliable.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I couldn’t not have a car. I’d ditch that one and get a better one
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If you live in an area that’s got almost everything you need in walking distance I could see doing it. How often do you drive your car as is?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would never get rid of my car. You're giving up a huge amt. of freedom doing so.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:05 pm Damn! Why is the car costing you $600 a month?!
Cause they saw my desperate face and was like "KACHING!" Image

:( I cry. I cry a lot.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

admin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm It sounds like you got a lemon. I usually calculate the value of the car vs. the amount of money spent in repairs. So, if the amount I'm spending to fix it ends up costing more than the vehicle's worth - sell it and use it towards something more reliable.
Well this is gonna put a dent in that because now they just called and said they have no idea wtf is wrong with it and why the light is on LMAO. I just wanna love my betty white and she hates me with every inch of the sun.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it's a good idea, if you don't have to use Uber more than once or twice a week.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 pm I couldn’t not have a car. I’d ditch that one and get a better one
That's ultimately what we decided.
Locked Previous topicNext topic