Spinoff of Lena's 'big family christmas' post

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I used to spend $3000 on 5 kids. So $600 per kid. I buy most of the gifts at once and pay around $500 per kid and then get extra stuff like Christmas Eve box stuff. So movie, candy bar, popcorn, a game, and an outfit. I also pick up stocking stuffers.
i want candy!
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

I don’t know… Granny always taught us it was tacky to talk about money.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My kids are now all adults 19,23 and my son turned 25 Yesterday I have always went by # of gifts rather than price. I stay within whatever budget I have in any given year but I could spend more on one than another. Depends on what they asked for. I have never spent a whole lot for Christmas tho. I’ve always tended to spend much more on birthdays. One with a dec 29th birthday and one Nov 22 this time of year can be expensive.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:46 pm I don’t know… Granny always taught us it was tacky to talk about money.
This is what I was taught as well. I do not care what anyone spends on Christmas as it does not change my life one bit. If you want to go into debt for Christmas go ahead, in my opinion you are stupid but hey go ahead. If you can afford $500 per child go ahead. It is really none of my business and I honestly I don’t care.
RealisticBeauty.
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I never knew people actually set a price range. We just buy whatever they want and whatever we want them to have.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

This year we spent more than usual. Each got a hover board, a mutual Xbox s series, football Jersey, a $50 gift card to Xbox, and stocking stuffers.

There will always be people who are struggling and then people who spend thousands per kid. It is the way it is. Should we sell our house and move into the slums because people are suffering? That’s just silly.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I don't buy tons of presents, just a few things I know really want.

I'm sure she's just trolling anyway. All her posts come across as tone deaf and entirely unbelievable.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It varies from year to year, but this year was around $300 per kid. I watch sales and will buy gently used, this year it was one big gift with things that went along with it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idc what anyone spends on their kid. I personally don’t have a set budget. It depends on my budget and what they want.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I feel bad that people are so bitter or struggling that much. But I do not think the post was tone deaf or a humble brag. Larger families just acquire a lot of “stuff”.
Locked Previous topicNext topic