I know this isn't a confession but computer people help...

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Tax free weekend here. I've been looking for a computer that's reasonably priced and NOT a dell. I start college the end of next month. I found this one and I want to know what people think of HP. I won't be doing anything complicated on it . This is the price I want to spend or around. If this one isn't one you'd recommend, can you give me some ideas?

The reviews looks fairly good here

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/hp ... 603?page=3

Unread post

HP is a decent brand but we prefer a Mac laptop.
mater-three wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 am Tax free weekend here. I've been looking for a computer that's reasonably priced and NOT a dell. I start college the end of next month. I found this one and I want to know what people think of HP. I won't be doing anything complicated on it . This is the price I want to spend or around. If this one isn't one you'd recommend, can you give me some ideas?

CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I have two HP's that have been great. The first one is in the same price range as the one you're looking at and it's been perfect for 6 years. It started running a little hot recently, so I upgraded to a $1500 HP.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That's a decent computer for the price. I personally have this one. I have had it for about a year and a half and it works just as great as the day I bought it. I don't do any gaming or anything on it except surf the web and run a couple websites so it doesn't require as much power as say a major gaming laptop would. It has Windows 10 which I found very easy to use after switching from Windows 8. I would buy this one again.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-l ... Id=6072702
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:20 am HP is a decent brand but we prefer a Mac laptop.
mater-three wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:17 am Tax free weekend here. I've been looking for a computer that's reasonably priced and NOT a dell. I start college the end of next month. I found this one and I want to know what people think of HP. I won't be doing anything complicated on it . This is the price I want to spend or around. If this one isn't one you'd recommend, can you give me some ideas?

I love Mac. I'm actually using dh's Mac right now. But budget won't let us afford a Mac right now
anonforever
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's not really about the brand. Its the hardware that's inside of the computer that matters not what company puts a stamp on the case.. Unless you are talking about issues with customer service I wouldn't worry about what brand the case of the computer says. The hardware is the same. By that I mean if you have an Intel i3 processor in a Dell laptop its the same as the i3 processor in an HP or Acer. I wouldn't pay that much for that particular laptop because of the processor alone. Its only got an i3 in it which came out in 2010. So its pretty outdated and there are faster processors out there. I wouldn't buy it in the first place because its intel just because we prefer AMD. But lots of people like Intel and they have come a long way in the last ten years and improved a lot. Are you stuck with buying from best buy or are you open to other options like Amazon or the dreaded Walmart lol.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

After having 3 HPs take a giant shit on me within a year. f**k HP. I have an Asus.

Unread post

For the price it's not terrible but I'd spend another $100 for an i5.

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:30 am
Guest wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:20 am HP is a decent brand but we prefer a Mac laptop.

I love Mac. I'm actually using dh's Mac right now. But budget won't let us afford a Mac right now
Apple products are so overpriced it's ridiculous. You can buy a PC with the exact same specs for half the price. Apple only does one thing well... marketing.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It would have been a nice little laptop like 8-10 years ago. Now it’s using outdated parts, will be slow, and probably crash a lot.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Locked Previous topicNext topic