How much are you willing to pay on your teenagers shoes?

Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine isn't a teen yet but I don't see paying more than I already do. I just bought him under armour shoes for $35.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:01 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm I bought one of my SD's some doc martens but her feet were done growing. Three years later, she still wears them and keeps them in good condition. I can't remember how much they were but definitely around $100.

I'm raising my kids to not care about brands. We thrift (not for shoes, gross), use coupons, wait for sales, and take pride in getting a good deal.

I really don't know much about shoes for teenagers, considering my step kids don't live with us full time. $1000 for a few pairs of shoes sounds excessive but the $75 someone mentioned in a post a few days ago seemed reasonable, especially if they are high quality.
My kids wear stuff they like the look of. My DD loved the red Nike's she found. They were at the outlet so they were fairly cheap. She likes Hollister jeans because they fit her well and don't sag on her butt. She has tried several other brands but hasn't found any that fit her as well. We went to the outlets a few weeks ago and bought a bunch that were on clearance.
I guess I'd say I'm more willing to spend money on shoes than on clothes because shoes can be worn out a lot more quickly than clothing. Plus, bad shoes are bad for your feet.

I agree with your previous reply, btw, about budgeting. I have changed my entire outlook on what we can "afford". Affordability is no longer determined based on how much money we have but how much we're willing to spend. When I say I can't afford something, that means I have already planned my budget and I don't want to take from other areas to pay for an unplanned cost.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

My daughter refuses to wear sneakers. I buy her the flats and sandals she wants. They're usually in the $75 to $100 range
Anon

Unread post

I spent $75. But apparently on here that is too much.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

20.00, or so, no way in F***ing hell am I spending much more than that.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

100 per pair.
The school requires sperrys- I just paid a little over 100 on them..she also got a pair of flats for 65and tennis for 89.This is for the start of school. She will get several pairs throughout the school yr.
RedBottoms

Unread post

$100 about. They like new balance. I try to get them on sale but if can't find any will pay full price. They only have one pair at a time and I buy new ones when the old ones are outgrown or worn out looking
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I will buy one pair of sneakers per shoe size growth and will spend up to $75, as long as they are worth it in quality. If they want multiple pairs of sneakers or more expensive sneakers, they will have to pay for them.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When DD wanted UGGS I had her ask grandpa for her birthday. Lol

My niece manages a Famous Footwear and gives me a decent discount on shoes for the kids.
Zoegirlsmom
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

$150-200 on boots. I wouldn't buy them all at once, but it would add up. Tennis shoes, casual shoes, sandals, flip flops, dressy bootlets, rain boots and winter boots
Locked Previous topicNext topic