To the democrats calling for "working together" "unity" "bipartisanship"

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:59 am
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:51 pm

What I'm not interested in is continuing an argument back from November. I'm surprised we won the Senate but whatever. I think that other poster is right. You need to move on. It really will be all right.
So sorry. I just saw this and thought I would ask. I was sincerely curious how you felt now and in no way meant it as an argument.
I'm sorry too. I was tired last night and not in a good mood. What i think is the Democrats still have a slim majority and Biden will have a long road to implement what he wants. Do I think he's a dictator? No. He doing exactly what Trump did in his first days of office. It's no secret he was going to change many of his executive orders. I do want to see Republicans get it together and stop kowtowing to Trump. They should kowtow to no one.
To me the sheer number of EO’s is worrying. No president has done near as many as he’s done. Obama did 5 and Trump did 6 their first week, while Biden has done 37. He hasn’t even tried to work with Congress so far.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:50 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:59 am
DSamuels wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:01 pm

So sorry. I just saw this and thought I would ask. I was sincerely curious how you felt now and in no way meant it as an argument.
I'm sorry too. I was tired last night and not in a good mood. What i think is the Democrats still have a slim majority and Biden will have a long road to implement what he wants. Do I think he's a dictator? No. He doing exactly what Trump did in his first days of office. It's no secret he was going to change many of his executive orders. I do want to see Republicans get it together and stop kowtowing to Trump. They should kowtow to no one.
To me the sheer number of EO’s is worrying. No president has done near as many as he’s done. Obama did 5 and Trump did 6 their first week, while Biden has done 37. He hasn’t even tried to work with Congress so far.
Most of them is undoing Trump's orders which we knew he'd do and establishing directives for covid-19. I mean an executive order on establishing scientific and technology council to advise him doesn't sound like the actions of a dictator. He also signed some that seem to be reversing biases against minorities such as Native Americans and Asians. Another is relying solely on private run prisons. There's his Buy American agenda. This is a list. I'm not sure there's anything in there he specifically needed to run past congress other than rejoining the Paris agreement. Which I'm glad we did. The only thing that concerns me are costs. But I think its important. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1255564
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:46 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:55 am
hotspice58 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:24 pm You really need a hobby.
Desperately. It's scary.
Biden won yes. But news flash he's not a dictator. There still will checks and balances especially with a Republican Senate and conservative SCOTUS. You've even got Mitch McConnell. For the love of God it really will be all right.
Still confident about your comments now? The democrats took the senate. They are talking about doing away with the filibuster. Biden is said to be looking into changing the Supreme Court. He did say he wouldn’t say whether or not he would pack the court until after the election. I’ve lost count of his executive order count. It is way past what any other president did so soon. It’s pretty bad when even The NY Times calls you out. Guess he already forgot he told Stephanopoulis about only a dictator uses executive orders instead of legislation.
By his own definition, Biden is already governing like a dictator

“I have this strange notion, we are a democracy ... if you can’t get the votes … you can’t [legislate] by executive order unless you’re a dictator. We’re a democracy. We need consensus.” - Joe Biden

It amazes me how much they think they know everything. hahahah
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nothing any other president, INCLUDING Nixon, has ever done is as bad as the BS Trump pulled. So stop griping about the new and legitimately elected president we now have until he does something worse than idiot Donald. Has Biden ever run a fake charity so his family could have extra spending money? No. Has Biden ever commented that he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter? No. Had Biden ever tried to govern and fire people by Twitter? No. Has Biden ever cozied up to white supremacist's, telling them they are special and that he loves them and encouraged them to ATTACK CONGRESS? No. And I could go on.
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 am Nothing any other president, INCLUDING Nixon, has ever done is as bad as the BS Trump pulled. So stop griping about the new and legitimately elected president we now have until he does something worse than idiot Donald. Has Biden ever run a fake charity so his family could have extra spending money? No. Has Biden ever commented that he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter? No. Had Biden ever tried to govern and fire people by Twitter? No. Has Biden ever cozied up to white supremacist's, telling them they are special and that he loves them and encouraged them to ATTACK CONGRESS? No. And I could go on.
Biden already has. I could go on and on. Biden is a sniffer
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 am Nothing any other president, INCLUDING Nixon, has ever done is as bad as the BS Trump pulled. So stop griping about the new and legitimately elected president we now have until he does something worse than idiot Donald. Has Biden ever run a fake charity so his family could have extra spending money? No. Has Biden ever commented that he would date his own daughter if she wasn't his daughter? No. Had Biden ever tried to govern and fire people by Twitter? No. Has Biden ever cozied up to white supremacist's, telling them they are special and that he loves them and encouraged them to ATTACK CONGRESS? No. And I could go on.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white- ... ontroversy
Already can't handle

Donald Trump
[/
font]
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Snicker wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:14 am
I can't believe the insanely racist things that have come out of his mouth about black and Indian people forever in interviews and campaign rallies and the myth that he's a champion for people of color prevails.
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:48 am
I can't believe the insanely racist things that have come out of his mouth about black people and Indian people forever in interviews and campaign rallies and people still act like he's a champion for people of color.
It's amazing. The racist remarks, the call for violent protests etc and they can't see past the forest from the trees. It's laughable

Donald Trump
[/
font]
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Snicker wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:51 am

I can't believe the insanely racist things that have come out of his mouth about black people and Indian people forever in interviews and campaign rallies and people still act like he's a champion for people of color.
It's amazing. The racist remarks, the call for violent protests etc and they can't see past the forest from the trees. It's laughable
It's absolutely mind boggling.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I can't believe the insanely racist things that have come out of his mouth about black and Indian people forever in interviews and campaign rallies and the myth that he's a champion for people of color prevails.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen you acknowledge how racist Trump is, so why worry about Black and Indian people now?
Locked Previous topicNext topic