I hate spectrum and wish they weren't our only option for internet.

Anon

Unread post

So we have been paying 115 for our 300 mb Internet that we had with time Warner and the rate carried over. Today at work my husband was looking at rates after his co workers were telling what they pay. He had me call them and ask about rates at first she was giving me prices that were much higher then the rates stated online. I then told her I wanted to talk to a higher up and this woman told me that the price for their highest internet which is 400 mb and said the normal rate was 89.99 and that wasn't a promotional offer and it wouldn't change after a year. She told me we were saving 25 a month and that we were on a time Warner offer not a spectrum one. I don't understand why no one else told me that or why the prices seem to be different each person you get. I wish we had a choice for a different internet provider.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is 300 mb a lot?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That always annoys me. I thought there weren't supposed to be any monopolies.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I had the electric company do the same thing to me, when I went to switch companies they sang a whole different tune. Dropped my bill by at least a hundred dollars.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have Spectrum but I'm under a Time Warner account. We have the highest speed available in our area which is 300mbps and we also have a phone line through them. We pay $89 after taxes for both services. I'm sorry you're having problems with them. Unfortunately most big companies suck like that.
Anon

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 pm That always annoys me. I thought there weren't supposed to be any monopolies.
I thought that as well but there seems to be monopolies.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:39 pm That always annoys me. I thought there weren't supposed to be any monopolies.

I have one option for gas. They are the worst utility company I've ever had to use. But, I need heat. Ugh. Wish there was a law that said there has to be more than one gas company.
Anon

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 pm Is 300 mb a lot?
Its 300 mbps it's the internet speed and it is pretty fast but if I can get even faster internet for 25 less a month I'll take it.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anon wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:36 pm Is 300 mb a lot?
Its 300 mbps it's the internet speed and it is pretty fast but if I can get even faster internet for 25 less a month I'll take it.
I don't know what our speed is but OP is paying more than twice what I pay. $115 a month just seems like a shitload of money, unless it's the fastest speed in the world or something.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I HATE THEM TOO!!! I wish FIOS could or would come to the area.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic