I wont go on a second date with him because he prayed on our date

I went on a coffee date with a friend of a friend. I ordered coffee and a cupcake and he got coffee and coffee cake. We went to sit down and I was going to take a bite when he grabbed my hands and started praying.

It really weirded me out. I know many religious people and none of them have every prayed before having coffee with me. I figured he must be very very religious. I knew right then that we wouldnt go on a second date. I have no desire to date someone who is religious. I am an atheist and it just isnt something I am into.

My sister said it was a dumb reason not to see him again when she asked me about the date. Honestly I dont think it is dumb, I dont want to be with someone who has such different beliefs. This isnt something small... religion is a big deal and it can cause a lot of problems. I would rather be on the same page with something as big as this.

He really liked me and wants to go out with me again. I wont even consider it.

That is my confession lol
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

I'd at least explain why you won't go out with him. Your views are valid but don't ghost the guy. Just tell him you're an atheist and worried about the religious differences.

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 pm I'd at least explain why you won't go out with him. Your views are valid but don't ghost the guy. Just tell him you're an atheist and worried about the religious differences.
I am not going to chance any drama that might come from telling him that. I did tell him a second date wont be happening but he is still asking around about it
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

ok..just tell him you are busy for the 50 years.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

I would tell him why. You don't have to say you are an atheist. I would just tell him you have religious differences that you feel would impede a healthy relationship.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Masterchemum

Everyone needs to know what they will and will not accept.

Ok. It's like you're looking for drama. There's none to find in this situation.
CannotCount
It’s Misspelt
Marchioness
Marchioness

That would be my last date with them too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic