I must be ugly

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:48 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:36 pm

But don't we all do that basically? When first meeting someone, the only thing we do have to make a judgement on is their physical attractiveness. Then as we get to know them we gain other stuff to judge them on. But when meeting someone to be a potential mate, physical attractiveness is important. Because if their face is a bit of a turn-off across the table over coffee, it's not going to get any better when it's on the pillow next to you.
Plenty of people care about personality over looks. Otherwise only attractive people would ever have kids. I find my husband attractive, but that isn't why I married him. I dated guys just as physically attractive in the past and some who weren't great looking, but were nice guys. In my opinion being emotionally attracted to someone is more important than being physically attracted to them.
What about waiting until they find someone whom they find physically, intellectually and emotionally attractive?
Why settle?
That's up to them. I'm just agreeing with the other poster that judging someone by appearance alone is the definition of shallow.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't think it's unusual or shallow to want to date someone that you are attracted to.

I have also found that some guys, who I wasn't necessarily attracted to, became "more attractive" to me after I've gotten to know them.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:25 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:20 pm Quite possibly. But hey, just find one as shallow as you are and you’ll be a great uggo couple!
It’s not shallow why be with someone I’m not physically attracted to?
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 am
Bubbs wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:48 pm

Plenty of people care about personality over looks. Otherwise only attractive people would ever have kids. I find my husband attractive, but that isn't why I married him. I dated guys just as physically attractive in the past and some who weren't great looking, but were nice guys. In my opinion being emotionally attracted to someone is more important than being physically attracted to them.
What about waiting until they find someone whom they find physically, intellectually and emotionally attractive?
Why settle?
That's up to them. I'm just agreeing with the other poster that judging someone by appearance alone is the definition of shallow.
Since looks are the first impression, I wouldn’t expect someone who doesn’t find me attractive to try to get to know me on the hopes I’m a million other deeper things. I don’t think it’s shallow.
Why would I want someone who just thinks I’m okay to look at?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Attraction is complicated.
An unattractive person can become the most beautiful (physically) person you've ever met in your life. Once you get to know them you start seeing attractive qualities in their face, body, etc.

Just because someone is "ugly" at first doesn't mean they won't become beautiful to you later.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:03 pm Attraction is complicated.
An unattractive person can become the most beautiful (physically) person you've ever met in your life. Once you get to know them you start seeing attractive qualities in their face, body, etc.

Just because someone is "ugly" at first doesn't mean they won't become beautiful to you later.
Meh, an ok looking guy can certainly become a lot better looking, but if you truly think a dude looks like a rhino’s ass I don’t think perusing a romantic relationship with him is a good idea. Like most things in life, there’s some balance needed in this. Looks certainly aren’t everything, but some level of physical attraction is pretty essential in a long-term relationship.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:41 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:03 pm Attraction is complicated.

Meh, an ok looking guy can certainly become a lot better looking, but if you truly think a dude looks like a rhino’s ass I don’t think perusing a romantic relationship with him is a good idea. Like most things in life, there’s some balance needed in this. Looks certainly aren’t everything, but some level of physical attraction is pretty essential in a long-term relationship.
Hahahaha. Rhinos ass. No, if he looks like a rhinos ass i would definitely not attempt any romantic relationship with him.
However if he was initially unattractive to me for reasons other than looking like a rhinos ass i would attempt friendship first.
I've met some super hot my age men who acted like 12 year olds and meh men that acted like men.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:46 pm Because only unattractive men approach me
Nope. It is you're vibes.

Try boosting your self-confidence, display your sense of humor a bit more, and smile lots.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe it's because you're walking around thinking you're ugly. They're picking up on that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Whats that song?

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I love it! :lol:
Smarties wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:56 pm Whats that song?

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic