When someone asks

Anonymous 1

Unread post

for a favor, do you take into consideration if they would ever do a favor for you or if they have ever screwed you over before in the recent past? Or do you just do the favor no matter what if you are able to?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Not really.
I'm not one to keep score.
I decide if I can do it or not based on my schedule and free time, etc.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If someone has screwed me over we probably aren’t friends so I would decide based on time and if it’s something I can do.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When asked to do a favor, I consider a few things:

1. Am I able to do it with not too much inconvenience to me?

2. Are they asking to borrow money? Unless I am ok with never getting it back, I won't lend it.

3.If I've done for you many times and you've never done for me, the next time you ask for a favor, I'm going to say, "I'm sorry. When I ask you for help, you never do. Please ask someone else."

For the most part, if I do you a favor, I don't care if I'm ever repaid. But if I'm constantly doing you favors and you have never agreed to do one for me, I'm going to cut you off from the Favor Bank.

ETA: If you've screwed me over with money, I will never lend you another dime.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:08 am for a favor, do you take into consideration if they would ever do a favor for you or if they have ever screwed you over before in the recent past? Or do you just do the favor no matter what if you are able to?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't keep track of who has done what. If I'm able to to the favor, I will.

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am very quick to jump in and do any favour for anyone who asks. While this is a good character trait, it is also my weakness.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 am When asked to do a favor, I consider a few things:

2. Are they asking to borrow money? Unless I am ok with never getting it back, I won't lend it.

3.If I've done for you many times and you've never done for me, the next time you ask for a favor, I'm going to say, "I'm sorry. When I ask you for help, you never do. Please ask someone else."

For the most part, if I do you a favor, I don't care if I'm ever repaid. But if I'm constantly doing you favors and you have never agreed to do one for me, I'm going to cut you off from the Favor Bank.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:08 am for a favor, do you take into consideration if they would ever do a favor for you or if they have ever screwed you over before in the recent past? Or do you just do the favor no matter what if you are able to?
Agreed.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

👍
Diamepphyre wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:15 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 am When asked to do a favor, I consider a few things:

Agreed.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

No. I just did a favor for someone I don't know at the request of someone I barely know. I'm sure I'll never get repaid but It didn't matter. It depends on what the need is. Now if you take advantage then I'm going to bounce or if you ask for money the answer is no. Otherwise I don't think about it.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No. The only two things I take into consideration is 1) how much would it inconvenience me to do the favor, and 2) in proportion to the degree of inconvenience, do I care about this person that much. I never expect to get repaid for a favor.
Locked Previous topicNext topic