Help with severe pain

Tooth hurtz

Unread post

I cracked a tooth at some point. It never hurt. Then yesterday excruciating pain. I went to the ER. They gave me tramdol and an antibiotic but it’s not touching the pain. I’ve done a pain relieving mouthwash, orajel, and the meds they gave me. Ice and heat. Dentist can’t get me in until Friday. Any ideas? How long should it take the antibiotic to kick in.
Toothfairy

Unread post

Sorry about your tooth.πŸ˜•
Can you get to the drugstore and get some clove oil?
The antibiotics should have the infection down in about 3 days but be sure to take them all.
Feel better soon.
Tooth Hurtz

Unread post

Toothfairy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:52 pm Sorry about your tooth.πŸ˜•
The antibiotics should have the infection down in about 3 days but be sure to take them all.
Feel better soon.
I have some clove oil. Do I just rub it on the area? Mix it with anything?
Shadowgirl1123

Unread post

Can an emergency dentist see you sooner?

If it’s the infection hurting get some warm/hot water in a small bowl and dump a good portion of salt into it. Mix it up really well until there are just a few grains of salt at the bottom. Then take a cotton ball and roll it along the bottom, squeeze it out good and wedge against the infected tooth. Leave in place and spit out fluid as needed.
ToothFairy

Unread post

Tooth Hurtz wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm
Feel better soon.
I have some clove oil. Do I just rub it on the area? Mix it with anything?
Oh good! Yes, just apply it right to the tooth. Get as much as you can into and around the crack.
Tooth hurtz

Unread post

Shadowgirl1123 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm Can an emergency dentist see you sooner?

If it’s the infection hurting get some warm/hot water in a small bowl and dump a good portion of salt into it. Mix it up really well until there are just a few grains of salt at the bottom. Then take a cotton ball and roll it along the bottom, squeeze it out good and wedge against the infected tooth. Leave in place and spit out fluid as needed.
I have to go through the VA for care. Only one dental office here.
Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Feel better soon.
I second the clove oil. It's going to taste nasty af but it works wonders.
Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Oh and if you can see the crack you could try and cover it with temporary filling. They have it at any drug store. It will prevent air or food from getting into the tooth. Just be careful not to pack it on too deep because that could hurt you even more. And I would wait until you're a few days into your antibiotics. But that might hold you until you get to a dentist. I hope you feel better soon!
Locked Previous topicNext topic