Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nope you ARE trying to get him out of work he NEEDS to do because you seem to think sports are more important than academics and that is outrageous. Plus-"I'm sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am," and "She is a very lived teacher," those make no sense. A majority of kids do not grow up to be pro sports athletes so stop acting like sports are the most important thing on the planet and insist your kid does ALL his homework in preparation for a life in the real world. It's lucky your kid has finally found a teacher that cares enough about him to insist he does the work just as all the other students must do. You should expect the best your son can do and just think 80% is good enough if he is capable of more.
WhoAreYou
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

3/10 for originality.
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Oh FFS, boo F***ing hoo, what are you doing to do, when your son gets out in the real world? You must be so proud to have a son who vaules sports over real life.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My oldest is training for her 3rd degree black belt and my youngest for her 1st. They spend 3-5 hours at the Dojo 5 days a week..Yeah..they may not be on teams, but they are athletes.
That said, it doesn't matter what the sport is- academics is first. Every soccer parent, every baseball parent, every football, every lacross parent, etc I know will pull their child if the coach doesn't if the school work is not there. End of story.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 am Your kids do karate. That’s not remotely the same.
mcginnisc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 am Oh brother..
Every athlete parent I know ( and I know a ton of them as I have athletes myself) knows that academics is first. Period. End of story. If you don't do the work- you don't play. Period. It has been that way since I was a kid in the "Dark Ages"..or rather the 80's/90's. Athletes are not anything super special and need to do the work to pass. At least it was a new trolling subject.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So, wait. You called a meeting because your son didn't do his homework?! And you expected the teacher to bend the rules for him? That's not even fair to the other kids. I wouldn't bend the rules either. He would be getting the same homework that everyone else gets.

When I was in school, players had to work hard to keep their grades up, and practice. If their grades slipped, they were benched until they got them back up. Education is more important than sports. You need to talk to your son about his responsibilities, and that his homework needs to be done first, before anything else.

Who cares if he misses working out? You should care about his education first. Sports come after.

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She isn't against athletes. I have one. She is trying to do her job and give him an education that will actually carry him through life. Not only is that school failing it's kids but you're failing your child.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This can’t be real can it. Or are you the teacher. Sorry your son isn’t that special if the class has homework he should too. He can take a zero on the homework if he doesn’t want to do it. He may be a “star” player but that’s no Guarantee he’ll make it pro. What’s his backup plan?
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I saw this After School Special in the 80s.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:27 am This can’t be real can it. Or are you the teacher. Sorry your son isn’t that special if the class has homework he should too. He can take a zero on the homework if he doesn’t want to do it. He may be a “star” player but that’s no Guarantee he’ll make it pro. What’s his backup plan?
Even if he makes pro what if he suffers an injury and can no longer play.
Locked Previous topicNext topic