My son's English teacher just does not get it

Anonymous 17

Unread post

LOL :)
Ledina60 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:44 pm Oh fun!!!
πŸ‘πŸ»
Anonymous 17 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 pm I wanted to tell you...Did you see that all 7 SEASONS of "Golden Girls" are now on Hulu? If you start now, you might be able to get through all of them by Friday! :lol:
famousglm714 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm

LMAO, love it! πŸ˜‚
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 17 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 pm I wanted to tell you...Did you see that all 7 SEASONS of "Golden Girls" are now on Hulu? If you start now, you might be able to get through all of them by Friday! :lol:
Anonymous 17 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:13 pm Honest to God! That's exactly what came to mind for me, too! LMAO

LMAO, love it! πŸ˜‚
I watch it on there but I have all the seasons on dvd, LOL. It’s my all time favorite show.
Anonymous 19

Unread post

Team English teacher good for her!
My daughter dances and definitely doesn't get out of school for it.
Anonymous 17

Unread post

It really was a good show. I used to watch re-runs at all hours of the night back when my kids were breastfeeding. :lol:

Lucky you...having your own DVD set of it!
famousglm714 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:26 pm

LMAO, love it! πŸ˜‚
I watch it on there but I have all the seasons on dvd, LOL. It’s my all time favorite show.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lol you can’t be serious. Are you the teacher wanting us to all bash the parent?
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Team English teacher, all the way. Your son is a student first, and an athlete second. The fact that he's been allowed to skate through his classes for the last 3-4 years is an embarrassment to your education system.

Edit after reading a few pages of comments I was reminded of the semi-pro hockey players at my high school. They'd have an out of town double header, roll into bed about 3am Monday morning and be expected to be in school, on time, Monday morning.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Oh great. You are one of those parents. You know, at the college level, athletes are still expected to make it to each of their classes, if they ever were to have play time in a game. Time for your athlete step up.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:45 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 am Well good. Now if your son breaks a leg and can no longer play football at least he will be able to write.
You sound like the teacher. She says he hopes he makes it in the sport but if not he needs a back up.
She isnt wrong.....
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:33 pm
Bubbs wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:52 am My son is a great athlete
But school work comes first. Period.
School comes 1st to us too. It's just he has practice 5 days a week. And in weekends they do drills and he has trainer.
If school really came first then your kid would have better than a 2.7 gpa (based offf the 80s) he gets on his tests.The assignment was assigned on Feiday. He had 2 days to do it. He was not doing drills and trainings all damn weekend. Your kid isnt going anywhere with that low of GPA
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 am You are full of shit and trolling, lol
It used to be this like this in the 70 and 80's but its not like that anymore and hasnt been for decades.
If the kids dont do their homework or pass tests then the idiots don't play.
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:38 am My son started his junior year last week. He plays football and basketball. Since middle school he hasnt had to do homework during season. Every other teacher gets it. I know I will get bad mouthed for this. During season he gets no lower then an 80% on tests and he also never does homework.

He is a star player. I know he and his team gets special treatment.

Well this years English teacher will not budge. She isn't what you earn in her class is what you get.

On Friday she wanted a paper wriiten about what you wanted to accomplish in your junior year.

My son didnt do it of course. My son called me Friday saying he was getting a 0 unless he hands it in Monday. I emailed the teacher and told her Id be calling a meeting.

Last night I had a meeting with the teacher the principal and my son. She will not budge and the principal said he can't make her. She was a little snobby her last words were to my son was Im sorry your other teachers are failing you but I am.

For him to get a passing grade on this assignment he not only needs to do the first assignment but he also needs to write about what he likes besides sports

We started the paper last night. Instead of doing his work out this moring he needs to write this paper.

She is a very lived teacher. But she is against athletes .
Just saying.....Research the UNC-CH football grade scandal..
Locked Previous topicNext topic