BM is sad because I wouldnt bring the kids by her house before the first day of school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

All the kids started school today. The step kids are at my house. DH helped get everyone ready and he left for work when I left to drop the kids off of school. BM wanted me to drop by her house so she could with them good luck. I told her no. We would have had to go 25 mins in the opposite direction and the traffic on the first day of school is hell anyway. DH did offer for her to come over last night when we had our pizza party or this morning but she couldnt because she didnt have a car

She called DH in tears saying that it was so unfair. She could have facetimed or something with the kids, they have phones, but she wanted to give them hugs. I do understand the disappointment and being sad but I cant imagine calling my ex and crying to him. If it was that important to me I would have found a ride even if it was an uber.

I think she is being ridiculous and I am just "venting" on here for no real reason
Yipes-Stripes
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I agree with you. That must be hard for her, but it was her responsibility to come to them if she really wanted to be there. Bringing the kids to her would have made what was already a hectic, early morning harder on them.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:11 pm

She called DH in tears saying that it was so unfair.
More pity party nonsense. Why do people think the world owes them something and that life has to be fair all the time?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's one day and it's important, I would have made the effort to take them there.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm It's one day and it's important, I would have made the effort to take them there.
It’s rather sad that many women on this site don’t realize that it’s simply easier to go through life being kind and empathetic to others.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:11 pm All the kids started school today. The step kids are at my house. DH helped get everyone ready and he left for work when I left to drop the kids off of school. BM wanted me to drop by her house so she could with them good luck. I told her no. We would have had to go 25 mins in the opposite direction and the traffic on the first day of school is hell anyway. DH did offer for her to come over last night when we had our pizza party or this morning but she couldnt because she didnt have a car

She called DH in tears saying that it was so unfair. She could have facetimed or something with the kids, they have phones, but she wanted to give them hugs. I do understand the disappointment and being sad but I cant imagine calling my ex and crying to him. If it was that important to me I would have found a ride even if it was an uber.

I think she is being ridiculous and I am just "venting" on here for no real reason
BM is not happy
Im flabbergasted, lol
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm It's one day and it's important, I would have made the effort to take them there.
She should have made the effort. It's out of the way and would have required the kids get up at least an hour early. If she wanted to see the kids she should have gotten up early and driven to see them.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is not that damn important. Kids have a first day of school every year. Its not a once in a lifetime event. If it was so important then why did mom not make the effort
Anonymous 1

Unread post

If it was so important she could have come to see them. None of the kids wanted to have to leave over an hour earlier than normal.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:59 pm
It’s rather sad that many women on this site don’t realize that it’s simply easier to go through life being kind and empathetic to others.
I know an extra 50 minutes out of the day is a lot, but it is just one day that would mean a lot to them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic