Iron Deficiency- Help!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My child's school will be having its annual 5k next month, which I intend on attending. The problem is, I would like to get in better shape for it. The issue is, I just found out that Im pretty iron deficient (my Dr confirmed). To give an example, I scratched the top of my foot, just a tiny scratch, and I bled out as if I had split my foot wide open. Im sluggish, get winded easy, heart palpations after exercising, muscle cramps etc. I would like to know the quickest ways to raise my iron. I have SSS tonic, but food wise, what would be my go to ( other than spinach because I hate spinach lol ). I dont usually eat a lot of meat, and when I do its usually chicken or turkey. Should I eat more red meat? Maybe a little undercooked steak? I also hate liver, so that's not an option either. Any other veggies that I could eat?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Google: high iron foods
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Cook with a cast iron skillet.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Solgar's Gentle Iron. It's not constipating. You need to take 2 tablets three times a day with meals. Along with a source of vitamin C to help with assimilation. You will not recover from this kind of deficiency without supplementation. Iron shots or infusion would be another option. I've taken the Gentle Iron before when my ferritin levels were low. It was very effective. If you as deficient as you say you are it will take longer than a month to raise your iron levels, though.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-bl ... foods.html

You can add spinach into a smoothie and you won’t taste it; however, you absorb more iron from meat.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So your doctor confirmed that you have a iron deficiency and gave you no guidance on how to correct it?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm Solgar's Gentle Iron. It's not constipating. You need to take 2 tablets three times a day with meals. Along with a source of vitamin C to help with assimilation. You will not recover from this kind of deficiency without supplementation. Iron shots or infusion would be another option. I've taken the Gentle Iron before when my ferritin levels were low. It was very effective. If you as deficient as you say you are it will take longer than a month to raise your iron levels, though.
:( I was hoping that it wouldnt take so long. Thanks for the suggestions, greatly appreciated.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I had to get iron shots. It helped a lot. It was easier for me to go that route. I was pregnant and had bad morning sickness.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:59 pm So your doctor confirmed that you have a iron deficiency and gave you no guidance on how to correct it?
No, she gave me advice on what to do. I was asking for advice on how to raise my iron levels faster. Hence my word choice in my post, "the quickest ways to raise my iron".
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Red meat. Go eat a nice juicy steak.
Iron pills will take a while to absorb and reallu get into your system.
Locked Previous topicNext topic