Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 pm

I can take her to court for slander. Some of the stuff she is telling people is downright false. Things that never happened. Like, dd was late constantly (dd is always 10 minutes early at a minimum), dd left the kids alone (never happened), dd forced her kids to eat food they don't like (never happened) and that dd told the boy to go out on the roof.
Lol ok how old is your daughter? What damages were done? ( much much money has she lost?) filing for a lawsuit is one thing, winning it is another. What a waste of time and money!
She'll have to prove it, of course, but if can prove a lost babysitting job because of her words, she can have a chance at winning.
Sure and I could find true love on Tinder but the prospects seem really dim. The kid can easily find other babysitting jobs by simple word of mouth. What if mom loses? She's out court costs and for what?
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Counter it with how shitty the parents are.

I'd post about how they're cheap, negligent with paying or paying enough, refusing to acknowledge that their kids are unruly F***ing heathens, so on and so forth.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:56 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:40 pm

Lol ok how old is your daughter? What damages were done? ( much much money has she lost?) filing for a lawsuit is one thing, winning it is another. What a waste of time and money!
She'll have to prove it, of course, but if can prove a lost babysitting job because of her words, she can have a chance at winning.
Sure and I could find true love on Tinder but the prospects seem really dim. The kid can easily find other babysitting jobs by simple word of mouth. What if mom loses? She's out court costs and for what?
I know it's not a guarantee, it's a matter of whether or not the mother and daughter choose to accept the possibility of loss. I would not blame them either way.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry you are going through this. I think getting into, "you say this" and "I say this" battle on social media is so immature. And I am really surprised that so many mothers are suggesting it. She'll beat with you experience, and it just makes you look as bad as her.

"Our family finds these erroneous posts hurtful, DD is still available for babysitting, references can be provided." And just leave it at that. If the crazy ass lady keeps posting, she's the one that looks like a nutter.

But I still can't get past the, child was on the roof. I will say that doesn't necessarily sound like a good babysitter. If my child is on the roof, something has gone very wrong.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm I am sorry you are going through this. I think getting into, "you say this" and "I say this" battle on social media is so immature. And I am really surprised that so many mothers are suggesting it. She'll beat with you experience, and it just makes you look as bad as her.

"Our family finds these erroneous posts hurtful, DD is still available for babysitting, references can be provided." And just leave it at that. If the crazy ass lady keeps posting, she's the one that looks like a nutter.

But I still can't get past the, child was on the roof. I will say that doesn't necessarily sound like a good babysitter. If my child is on the roof, something has gone very wrong.
He was on the roof over two hours after she put him to bed. And she had checked on all of the kids within the last hour. She heard a noise and went to investigate and found him in the roof.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm What legal action?
I can take her to court for slander. Some of the stuff she is telling people is downright false. Things that never happened. Like, dd was late constantly (dd is always 10 minutes early at a minimum), dd left the kids alone (never happened), dd forced her kids to eat food they don't like (never happened) and that dd told the boy to go out on the roof.
But people fear lawsuits. The threat of it alone is powerful. Me...my impulse would be to tell her to shut up or I'll tell everyone what shit parents they are, not paying a babysitter on time and having wild ass kids. But the lawsuit threat is more likely to successfully shut the bitch down.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:26 am When the kid climbed on the roof her only call should have been to the parents.
No - police or fire brigade. If the kid had've jumped or fallen off that would've been the first question asked. "Why wasn't 911 immediately called?"
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 am
Poietes wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:11 am

The way I see it, in a couple years she could go apply for a real job or a good college. These places google her name and see these facebook posts. Now these aren't just, "my kid didn't like her and she's a bad babysitter" these post describe, extreme irresponsibility, neglect and criminal behavior. With the way social media is now things like this could really damage her in her future.
Depending on that persons Facebook settings it may not even show up. If it does show up and it causes her loss like you described THEN you would actually have a case to sue someone over. You have to prove it’s a lie to begin with. I would say a child getting on a roof while in her care is pretty negligent and irresponsible. As of right now it’s just a case of the little baby sitter getting her feelings hurt because someone said something about her baby sitting skills and mommy is upset and now wants to make a big legal deal over it. You are talking about possible future scenarios that would have to be dealt with in the future IF it ever happens which it likely would not.
How often do you check on your kids once they are in bed? She put this kid to bed at 9 as instructed by the parents. She checked in later and the kid was in bed supposedly asleep. As soon as she heard the noise she went to check. The kids window was open and he was out on the roof of the garage.
As a babysitter - my own DD checks every 20 minutes, unless there is a camera baby monitor provided by the parent.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:09 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:27 pm I am sorry you are going through this. I think getting into, "you say this" and "I say this" battle on social media is so immature. And I am really surprised that so many mothers are suggesting it. She'll beat with you experience, and it just makes you look as bad as her.

He was on the roof over two hours after she put him to bed. And she had checked on all of the kids within the last hour. She heard a noise and went to investigate and found him in the roof.
How did he get from bed to roof without being caught? A good babysitter has an ear and an eye on everything - and even going to the bathroom, my DD always checks on them to ensure she hasn't accidentally woken anyone while flushing or whatnot.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:09 pm

How did he get from bed to roof without being caught? A good babysitter has an ear and an eye on everything - and even going to the bathroom, my DD always checks on them to ensure she hasn't accidentally woken anyone while flushing or whatnot.
The kids window goes out to the roof. He walked out. The kid was 11. Checking every 20 minutes on an 11 yr old who is already in bed is a bit excessive.
Locked Previous topicNext topic