Everyday struggle

Deleted User 670

Unread post

blanket.jpeg
Wait a minute, here we go. Here's the blanket. It's folded in half. It's pretty big. Big enough to share or to take a nap with.

She didn't get her hair done at Woolworths, she got it done at a Beauty college. I can't remember the name of it but it's no longer in business now, I believe. The blanket pic isn't there any more since we lost the ability to upload pictures.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 pm I was just mentioning that lunch counter to my DS! I was telling him, "You could get anything and everything at this tiny 5&dime store, Woolworth's. You could get your hair done, buy sewing supplies, buy fish/turtles, and then you could mosey on up to the lunch counter and order a turkey club with a root beer float...all in the same store!" LOL

ETA: This is SeekingPeace. I don't know why it keeps posting anon.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:56 pm Vaguely. What I remember the most about Woolsworth as a child was getting all dressed up to catch the bus downtown with my grandmother to get her hair done and eating at the lunch counter at Woolsworth when she was done.
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm Good old Woolworth's. You could always trust them to find all the little notions that you couldn't find elsewhere! OMG! I just had flashbacks of them selling those tiny little (live) turtles, too! Do you remember that?!!! :lol:

I'll go check out that blanket of yours in the craft forum.

famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

On my days off I get everything done then become a piece of shit. Seriously, I could watch YouTube on my tv all day. I have! Lol. I wish I could relax when stuff isn’t done but I just can’t. 🤷‍♀️ Non productivity is not an option at my workplace, lol.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What’s wrong with a healthy balance between doing something productive for a while and then being a useless POS the rest of the day? That sounds good!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I love the colors in it! That blanket does look pretty darn big! Is that the one that took you years to make? I would imagine it might have! Thanks for re-posting the pic! :)

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm blanket.jpeg
Wait a minute, here we go. Here's the blanket. It's folded in half. It's pretty big. Big enough to share or to take a nap with.

She didn't get her hair done at Woolworths, she got it done at a Beauty college. I can't remember the name of it but it's no longer in business now, I believe. The blanket pic isn't there any more since we lost the ability to upload pictures.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:07 pm I was just mentioning that lunch counter to my DS! I was telling him, "You could get anything and everything at this tiny 5&dime store, Woolworth's. You could get your hair done, buy sewing supplies, buy fish/turtles, and then you could mosey on up to the lunch counter and order a turkey club with a root beer float...all in the same store!" LOL

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:56 pm Vaguely. What I remember the most about Woolsworth as a child was getting all dressed up to catch the bus downtown with my grandmother to get her hair done and eating at the lunch counter at Woolsworth when she was done.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm Good old Woolworth's. You could always trust them to find all the little notions that you couldn't find elsewhere! OMG! I just had flashbacks of them selling those tiny little (live) turtles, too! Do you remember that?!!! :lol:

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:26 pm No, I'm not that dedicated, lol. I used the blanket as a throw and then one day I discovered a Woolsworth that was still around and they had the sky blue yarn. So I bought what they had and finished it. No, I don't take pics of what I make usually. I did take a pic of the blanket that I recently knitted though. It's posted here on the craft forum.

We used to get the triple decker bacon and tomato sandwich or the baked ham and cheese sandwich with the ice cream float for 1.00.
My mom and grandmom would get the roast beef, turkey or meatloaf plate. I think these were around 1.00 each also for a huge plate of food
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh, gosh! I don't remember the prices of the items. But I remember the baked ham and cheese sandwiches and the floats! I was so little when I went to that store with my grandma.I remember driving her nuts spinning on those stools.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 pm

We used to get the triple decker bacon and tomato sandwich or the baked ham and cheese sandwich with the ice cream float for 1.00.
My mom and grandmom would get the roast beef, turkey or meatloaf plate. I think these were around 1.00 each also for a huge plate of food
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:07 pm Oh, gosh! I don't remember the prices of the items. But I remember the baked ham and cheese sandwiches and the floats! I was so little when I went to that store with my grandma.I remember driving her nuts spinning on those stools.
Yep, did you fall off and land on your butt while wearing a dress? Lol
I did all the time and my grandmother would freak out, lol
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I never fell off that I can remember. But I was most certainly wearing a dress because that's what little girls always seemed to wear when I was young. :)

And yep. My grandma would've told me to "Mind!" if I'd have flipped off of one of those stools. :lol:

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:11 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:07 pm Oh, gosh! I don't remember the prices of the items. But I remember the baked ham and cheese sandwiches and the floats! I was so little when I went to that store with my grandma.I remember driving her nuts spinning on those stools.

Yep, did you fall off and land on your butt while wearing a dress? Lol
I did all the time and my grandmother would freak out, lol
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No, the blanket that took years to make was a sky blue. I finished it about 30 years ago. This blanket probably took about 9 months.
SeekingPeace wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:24 pm I love the colors in it! That blanket does look pretty darn big! Is that the one that took you years to make? I would imagine it might have! Thanks for re-posting the pic! :)

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm blanket.jpeg

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Wow. I was maybe 5 years old. I don't remember what we got.
Locked Previous topicNext topic