Everyone is mad that I cleaned SS' room

Anonymous 1

Unread post

SS has not cleaned his room once all summer. DH and I have been telling him he needs to do it. He has had multiple consequences but he hasnt really cared. He went to his moms house yesterday and I took the opportunity to clean out his room. There was a bucket full of dishes including many that had mold in them. 3 trash bags full of trash and another trashbag full of old soda cans.

The whole room smelled even though I sprayed it with ozium before, during, and after I cleaned. I washed his clothes and his sheets. I had to even steam clean his bed and the floor it was that gross. He says I threw away some important stuff and I had no right to go in there and clean like that.

DH knew I was going to clean it and had no problem with it until both SS and BM started bitching. SS came home and flipped out because I had no right to touch all of his stuff. BM is on his side, she has always hated me and will use anything as an excuse to bitch at me. Now DH is saying I shouldnt have done it.

f**k that. I was sick of walking past his room and smelling it every time. Plus we had a lot less dishes. If he wants to throw his clothes on the ground and not clean his desk off... whatever but moldy plates and bags of trash isnt okay.

They can be mad at me all they want. Next time I am not waiting the whole summer to do it. If SS doesnt want me touching his things he can clean his room on his own
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Screw that, I would have cleaned that room long before a few months had passed

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm SS has not cleaned his room once all summer. DH and I have been telling him he needs to do it. He has had multiple consequences but he hasnt really cared. He went to his moms house yesterday and I took the opportunity to clean out his room. There was a bucket full of dishes including many that had mold in them. 3 trash bags full of trash and another trashbag full of old soda cans.

The whole room smelled even though I sprayed it with ozium before, during, and after I cleaned. I washed his clothes and his sheets. I had to even steam clean his bed and the floor it was that gross. He says I threw away some important stuff and I had no right to go in there and clean like that.

DH knew I was going to clean it and had no problem with it until both SS and BM started bitching. SS came home and flipped out because I had no right to touch all of his stuff. BM is on his side, she has always hated me and will use anything as an excuse to bitch at me. Now DH is saying I shouldnt have done it.

f**k that. I was sick of walking past his room and smelling it every time. Plus we had a lot less dishes. If he wants to throw his clothes on the ground and not clean his desk off... whatever but moldy plates and bags of trash isnt okay.

They can be mad at me all they want. Next time I am not waiting the whole summer to do it. If SS doesnt want me touching his things he can clean his room on his own
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your husband should be embarrassed it got to this point. He doesn't sound like much of a parent to have this kind of nonsense, i.e. his son not listening when told to clean his filthy room, going on in his house.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't believe these BM stories. She should be getting on him for being so disgusting.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

All summer? I wouldn't have waited that long.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My stepson would put huge trash bags full of trash under his bed. I went in and threw them away one day. Him and dh went off.
At the time dh had a rule no eating in the room.
He never enforced it with ss.
I basically told him if wasn't going to be fair and wanted rats in the house he could be on his own.
Never complained again.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Its been about a month and a half. The only reason I waited was because DH was trying to get him to have some personal responsibility. We thought changing the wifi password would be motivating but it wasnt. None of what we tried was. Maybe being this pissed off will motivate him to keep it clean himself
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:06 pm Screw that, I would have cleaned that room long before a few months had passed

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm SS has not cleaned his room once all summer. DH and I have been telling him he needs to do it. He has had multiple consequences but he hasnt really cared. He went to his moms house yesterday and I took the opportunity to clean out his room. There was a bucket full of dishes including many that had mold in them. 3 trash bags full of trash and another trashbag full of old soda cans.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I would be embarrassed if my child let their room get so bad. I would remind bm and your husband that his room is in your house and he was asked to pick it up and he didn't. If he had that many important things he should have picked it up himself.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m a neat freak, so I’m with you here.
And I would demand that the room stays the way I cleaned it or that piggy wouldn’t be staying over anymore.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If that were my kid and you told me the state of his room, I'd have lit into his ass and told him that he's lucky you didn't throw away all his shit. If he's that nasty, I'd ban all food and drink in his room period. And I'd tell him going forward that if I found any food and drink in his room he'd lose is tv and video game console for good. Because I'm assuming that he has a video game console and TV with cable in his room and he's been too lazy to take his garbage after holing up in his room playing video games.
Locked Previous topicNext topic